Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Neutral soil

Scenario84

Over the last two years I've had several forum members comment on how neutral the soil I hunt must be. That has never been more evident than today when I pulled an iron square nail that looked like it was dropped yesterday, a gold plated button that still had gold shining and a 204yr old button from the war of 1812 looking as fresh as ever. Also included in the pics is the best dug 1858 flying eagle I've ever seen - and I found- and a war of 1812 script R rifleman button. The grounds I hunt in have not been agriculturized since they were bought to make a reservior in 1923. So all the fields are fertilizer-free. And all the forests are natural-growth since the first settlers cleared them for farming in the early 1800/s. Just wanted to share the differences between neutral/ acidic soil content on coins and relics.

I got it like that in some places around me and in other places around me they are toast.

calabash digger said:
I got it like that in some places around me and in other places around me they are toast.
It's weird isn't it? I suppose it's all where they laid fertilizer and DDT and stuff in the 50s and 60s

-- moved topic --

I find the best ones on the sandy high spots that drain very well.

Scenario 84, what part of the country are you from? Here in WV we don't have anything like that, your one lucky person to have that kind of soil.

It's good to see a post on ground that is not hot. If I had a dime for every time I heard about someone's hot ground I would be a Billionaire!

OMG that square nail ! I found so many yet none ever looked like that. They all have rust bubbles on them and pieces of the heads missing because of decomposition. What typical ground phase reading do you get ?

Awesome finds!! Yes, like Calabash digger mentioned, I find red colored coins and finds in some parts where I know they put fertiliser down and in other areas they are pretty clean apart from sometimes a green tinge (copper coins) irrespective of age. With the age and condition of your finds, you are one lucky guy with perfect soil conditions!!!!:thumb up:

The red colored coins I get are clad or nickles and its due to the moisture in the ground.