Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Never hunted out - back to back Mercs

amc rulz

Early Sunday morn I went to the city 500+ acre park, in use since about 1900. THey had a zoo here in the early 1900's, complete with bears, elephant, monkey house, and local wildlife. A few months ago, I spoke to a group of 2 men and a woman dirtfishing an area that I'd always passed up. They said they'd dug a couple wheats.
I went to that spot months later, and just dug a silver Wash quarter. Sunday I dug a few wheats and mercs in the trashier area. I use the 10X12 coil, smartfind, gain at 9, iron mask and sens @ 28, depending on soil and trash level. Keep on diggin!

Nice going on the two mercs amc.:clapping: That 1919 looks like it has been slid across a few coffee counters in it's day. GL & HH on your next outing and maybe you'll find trip mercs.

Eddie

Oh yeah..good job:clapping:

Very nice find !!!!!!!!!!!!!!:super: And, for me an inspiration. :detecting: I`m hunting the same type parks you are, and I feel I will find my first silver in one of these parks. A 500 acre park is big, it would take 380 eight hour hunts (about) to cover that much ground. Could it ever be hunted out? I have had a detector 10 years, but have detected more in the last month that the previous 10 years. I have not seen one other MDist in the last month, and I`m hoping any MDist that has hunted my parks in the past missed a few merc`s and wheat's.