Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Never posting finds again...or boasting in any way

oneon

After my post about paying for the V3i I am in the worst drought imaginable...nada ...zilch ...NOTHING... I promise the metal detecting GODS I will never EVER OPEN my FAT MOUTH AGAIN! Was running with everything maxed and threw in some boost for good measure...ten inch nickels and pennys...today I settled back down to brown wrapper salt beach, walked 5 miles of beach that's five down and five up for a score of 0 BIG GOOSE EGG ... no gold no silver, not even a lot of coins... tomorrow taking the day off Thursdays a NEW DAY!

PS. did find what looked to be about a half pound medallion for John Q citizen who was in a panic... He ran up to me on the beach and in another language made me understand he just lost something very important in the dry...5 swings later and I heard it clunk in the bottom of my scoop...appeared to be white and yellow gold dinner plate sized :nopity:... (just kidding but this thing had to be an ounce) I didnt want to give it up but alas I did the right thing shaking the whole time....He offered me some cash but I just smiled and walked away...

Well a good action calls for a thousand finds. You did much more than finding some gold, you actually helped another person. If that isn't worth more than gold, than what is? Congratulations and thank you for sharing.

Thanks norbyx. Can you do a gold dance please...make it rain in here! :wiggle:

Thursday is a new day, but tomorrow is a new month !!! Maybe you hit your monthly quota a couple days early. Make hay while the sun shines. If you have the time and the weather is good, go for it. Do you want to go out Thursday and run into some other detectorist, and have them say, "Look at what I found yesterday".

dave5710 said:
Thursday is a new day, but tomorrow is a new month !!! Maybe you hit your monthly quota a couple days early. Make hay while the sun shines. If you have the time and the weather is good, go for it. Do you want to go out Thursday and run into some other detectorist, and have them say, "Look at what I found yesterday".

Interesting and in some ways so true! BUT! There is something to be said about fresh starts and getting some rest. I detect about 6 hours a day and let me tell you I get sloppy when Im tired! I do much better when Im fresh. Especially with a new machine. I could and probably have operated my DFX in my sleep...but this V3I makes me stand at attention! I think I did well the first 2 weeks with my V cause it was all new and I really tore it up.