Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Never Understood Why

T-DUB

Still scratch my head to this day. Why is it when speaking about coins and which way the bust of the individual is facing, is it described the way it is? For example, the bust is facing “right” when in actuality the bust itself is facing left. I understand the perspective is from how we are looking at it and the direction we see it as, but why is it not described as the way the bust is really facing? In the grand scheme of things it has no relevance in my lively hood, just something that makes me say hmmmmm?

*** Same goes for Eagles on buttons ***

Being an auto mechanic I run into manufacturers descriptions of which bank of cylinders is considered right or left or rearward or forward….🤨 It indeed is all about the perspective of the viewer. On most coins the portrait is actually ”facing” straight ahead…but toward the “right or left” side of the coin as we view it.

Some how this explains driving in England….🤷‍♂️😂