Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New 10x14 Excelerator Coil

The new 10x14 Excelerator coil impressed me for the first time out. The weather yesterday was nice with a temperature of 68 degrees and I was finally able to get out with this new coil. I thought spring had arrived until I woke up this morning with a temperature of 29 and 2 inches of snow on the ground! The saying in northern Indiana is, If you don't like the weather wait 24 hours and it will change! How true it is.
Anyway, back to the coil. The local college has been buying up houses and tearing them down as they buy them. I managed to hit two graded out lots before my old faithful Lesche bit the bullet :( I had extra headphones, batteries but no extra digger or knife so my hunt was cut short. I did find a few interesting items with the DFX and the 10x14 coil though. This coil weighs in at 25 ozs. with cover. It is a DD coil and is well balanced. Pinpointing was a breeze as I always drop the signal off the front of the coil at center. It was right on every time. I decided to use the DFX instead of the MXT as I planned on hitting the local park when I got done with these lots as I have a program for this park in the DFX. However the broken Lesche stopped me. Everyone knows this coil can be used on the DFX or MXT but will mention this anyway. I did find a few deep items with a wheat penny coming in deepest for the coins at 10 inches. I also dug a copper compact case which was easily a foot down on the property line where the ground wasn't disturbed. I thought I had a Large Cent for sure when I first felt the disc in the bottom of the hole! Most of the items found where at the 6 to 8 inch depth range. I might add all signals came through loud and clear. I managed to find one Indian penny, 1 merc a 1965 quarter and a couple tokens. I think these homes were built in the 1950 era so I really didn't expect to find anything too old. This is a very stable and quiet coil from others I have used in the past. The quality of this coil is excellent and it also has a "good look" to it.
I haven't done any air test with it as of yet so I can't give you any info there. That compact case definitely rang in loud though from 12 inches down. This is going to be a great coil for the person who wants good coverage and depth. The area I detected wasn't that trashy to my surprise. Hopefully I can get out to a park soon and get into a more trashy environment to see just how well this coil will do in it.
For being my first time out with this coil I was impressed with it's performance and I think anyone needing this size of a coil would be very happy with it. Contact JW at Kellyco for more information.
Good Detecting to all!

Hi Larry,
The coil shows promise and I can't wait to hear more. You have used the White's 1400 DD how do they compare weight wise. I have a friend who uses the 1400 DD on occasion but he has to use a bungee for support and even then it tires him out before to long. Sorry to see your lesche digger in that condition. You don't see that happening very often, in fact I have never seen one break like that. Good luck with the coil and HH Dennis in Idaho

Hi Dennis,
Unfortunately I can't give what a Whites 14 deepscan weighs as I sold mine. I will say that I remember it wearing me out as it definitely felt heavier or is actually heavier? That coil was too unstable for me and made the detector feel too nose heavy. This excelerator with its open design really swings nice and I didn't notice any fatigue at all. It certainly pinpoints better than the deepscan.
As far as my Lesche, the darn ground wasn't even hard at all and diggin was easy. I had to of put stress on it back in the fall and didn't notice a crack. It served me for 6 years and its time to get the new one out of the box :)

Just a thought........Whites detectors are so well balanced that I have never had any problems swinging my MXT with the 1400 Deep Scan all day. :detecting: