Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New 44, First modifications, FACTORY WARNING

navydad5

I HAVE A NEW 44. The first modification was with the armrest. It was too far back for my grandson and myself. I bored another set of holes 2"s in front of the factory ones. This gives the rest a more comfortable feeling. In addition I took a 3/8 inch closed foam pad used to lay under a sleeping bag and cut a lining for the inside of the rest. This was another improvement.
FACTORY WARNING. The armrest came with out the mounting bolt. Ace Hardware fixed it for $0.27. The warning is about the service or in my case a lack of service from the factory. I have talked with two Fisher reps at the factory. The second was about 3 weeks after speaking to person one. Both promised a bolt for the rest. 8 weeks later NO bolt. It is not the 27 cent bolt, it is the lack of follow up to my calls. If I cannot get a bolt problem fixed what hope do I have for a successful factory response if I have a major problem???. I am pleased with the MD. It is a good entry level machine with GB features. I would recommend it with one proviso. Have an armrest bolt handy.

navydad5

I HATE buying something brand new and it arrives with missing parts. Glad it was a cheap fix. Maybe they'll still send the bolt and include a hat for the aggravation.

HH
Mike

I am sorry that you had a bad experience with Fisher. I have dealings with them several times in the past and each time I was very satisfied with the professionalism they showed me. They have always treated me fair and on a timely basis.

I tried to buy a Patriot by computer. Spent over two hours. Nothing worked. Called Fisher. They would not help. Said it had to be done by me and by computer. After 23 Fisher and Tech. detectors I'm through with them. They said it was company policy. I even emailed them. Never received a response. F.T. lost a good customer. What happened to customer service?

Woody, sorry you had an issue with lousy customer service. You probably have lost interest in the whole thing, but in case you haven’t, you could do this.

Paste this URL in your browser search box

https://www.tekneticsdirect.com/products/metal-detectors/teknetics-patriot

Click on “Buy it Now”

When it asks for the coupon number, use mine - 1485.

I passed your post on to Marketing at FT, I suspect somebody will be getting some training on how to handle problems like the one you had.

woody said:
I tried to buy a Patriot by computer. Spent over two hours. Nothing worked. Called Fisher. They would not help. Said it had to be done by me and by computer. After 23 Fisher and Tech. detectors I'm through with them. They said it was company policy. I even emailed them. Never received a response. F.T. lost a good customer. What happened to customer service?

I'm surprised by this. They went above and beyond for me when I needed extra parts for my F19.