Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New 9" HF coil battery acting weird

Southwind

After putting a new battery in my 9" HF coil I've noticed when the detector is running and showing battery status, it will show the coil with a full charge, after a full charge, then in an hour or so it drops to 1/2 battery. It has never run dead, and the battery replacement was a breeze, but should I do a factory reset? That is how the coil battery acted before I put in the new one.

I do have two coils, the 9" round HF, & the 11" X35. It seemed like it was showing the status of both coils alternating, but the 11" X35 was at home. It would show one coil at 1/2 charge, and then the remote, and then a coil again, but at 1/3 charge. It would alternate between the two.

Thanks

Last edited:
I started charging again and right now the light is on for 4 seconds, and then off 4 seconds.

On for 4, off for 4 is the sign it is completely charged. I replaced a battery in my headphones once because they needed charging after a couple of hours use and at first the replacement battery was weak like the old one, but after it was charged a few times, everything worked much longer. Now I can see that the first battery was probably okay, it just hadn't been charged enough. My HF elliptical was having charging problems too. I unscrewed it and screwed it back in and haven't had problems since. It might also help to delete the coil and reinstall it. When I had problems with the pinpointer that's what cured it.