Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

new 950 v rated coil for my V3i, love it. 1944 dime first 10 minutes

My Eclipse 950 floats like a cork in water and when using it; it gets tiring trying to keep it submerged and on bottom.
I have ordered one of the new spider versions in hopes it will be less buoyant working in shallow water with the V3i and DFX.

Explorer, I'd be very curious as to how the spider coil does in the water. I have the same problem with my 950 in the water. Very hard to hold underwater more than a few inches. I have a few freshwater sand beaches I like to detect and the EMI is terrible there so I almost have to use the 950. Tried to use my Super 12 but it was too sensitive to EMI.

Let us know when you get a chance to test the Spider.

My old Beach Hunter ID had the same 950 style coil that wanted to float. The new model has a spider type coil.
I will post results when I get it in the water. New coil should be in this week.

:(New 950 Spider out of stock, will ship when they get some in. :( Just delays the anticipation!

Follow-up:
New 9" Spider coil came in last week. I have had limited chance to really put it through its paces. Like that it weighs less than the original and appears to get a little better depth. I tested it in water and it too is buoyant but takes less effort to keep it on the bottom. Hoping to try it out in the weeks to come and turn up some great shallow water finds. I feel it is going to be a great addition to my arsenal of coils.