Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Ace 350

Rodger

I just purchased an Ace 350. I will say I am very impressed with the performance. I have used quite a few different detectors, White's, Fisher, and Garrett. I believe the Ace 350 will match anything out as far has finding coins. I have gone to several sights I have visited in the past with various other machines. I was very impressed with the coins the Ace 350 pick up that the others had missed, but I realize you will never find all the coins on one outing. But when you find 18 to 28 more coins then, this is a realization there is something to this Ace 350. I think Garrett has a real winner with this machine. I also have used the AT Pro, I think I like the Ace 350 over the AT Pro. anyway that is just my opinion, which are dime a doze.

Rodger, your comments above prompted me to make my very first post on this forum. You say you like the Ace 350 more than the AT Pro, but then you just leave us hanging by not saying why. I am not in any way saying you are wrong, but we all learn when a person gives the reason for their opinion. Lobo

I have used the AT Pro in some ways it is better than the Ace 350. The iron aspect is so much better than the 350. But what I like about the 350 with the 6x9 coil it is a coin killer. I believe using the 6x9 coil in the 350 enhances it's ability to find coins. It almost makes it even on iron rejection with the AT Pro. The DD coil on the 350 looks for iron. This is why in my opinion I like the 350 with 6x9 coil. I hope I have clarified my position. I forgot to state in my first post about the 350 with 6x9 coil.

I took my new ace 350 out for its first hunt. I know every detector has a learning curve but I just cant seem to pinpont.It seems I have to dig a lot of sod to find the target.Is this because I use the coil that came with the detector? Where and how much is the 6x8 coil. Any help will be appreciated.Incidentally I did recover 15 clad coins..Thanx for reading.

I think that little 6"x8" SEF is around $99 at KellyCo. I'm not sure, but I think they( KellyCo)have an Ebay store which may be cheaper.
My wife use that lil' SEF on her Ace 250 sometimes. It's great!:thumbup:
Regarding that stock search coil on the 350, ya know it's really easier to pinpoint with a DD search coil than concentric. Garrett has some youtube videos on the AT Pro which has the same sized search coil as the Ace 350. On one of the videos it shows the pinpointing techniques with that search coil. Also, the owner's manual for the AT Pro has a great explaination on how to pinpoint with a DD search coil.
Best of luck to ya!:biggrin: Happy Hunting!:)