Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Apex

Ga Rebel

Did Garrett mess up by the user not being able to change out their own batteries? If you use it all day then you have to charge it all night! Can't just swap batteries and go while the next battery is on charge. Odd way to do things. And how much will they charge to replace the batteries? So you will have to box it up and ship it to Garrett. They going to pay for your shipping?

Did Garrett mess up by the user not being able to change out their own batteries? If you use it all day then you have to charge it all night! Can't just swap batteries and go while the next battery is on charge. Odd way to do things. And how much will they charge to replace the batteries? So you will have to box it up and ship it to Garrett. They going to pay for your shipping?
How long does it take to charge the Apex batteries?

I don't have a answer for you Del, on the batteries, but even if it takes over night, we should be good to go for the next days hunt. Seemingly seldom, if ever for you and I, Del, would we run the batteries totally down and hence, less time needed to re-charge them. Haven't heard that replacement of detector rechargeable batteries has been a industry problem, but time will tell, I guess.

Ga Rebel may have a valid concern, but again, time will tell. HH jim tn

If you watch all the videos on the Garrett website, they mention that if you have a 5 volt portable recharger, you can connect it to the battery charger input and it will run your detector for an extended period of time. You can use the same device to use your phone if it runs out of power in an isolated area.

I thought about it. Heard it will take up to 4 hours for a complete charge. Not sure how solid that information is. I was advised that you can use a spare USB power pack, strap it to your Apex and run on that. Those I have. I guess it is not a show stopper for me but does seem a bit odd.
o_O