Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New AT Gold Owner

Smudge

Well, after doing a lot of research, I bit the bullet and bought the AT Gold.

I've been detecting for about three years now and have used Tesoro's mostly (great company).

This is my first real go with a Garrett (though I did use an Ace 350 briefly).

I bought it because I wanted a detector that could find coins but especially jewelry better than what I was using prior to this.

What really sold me on the Garrett was its ability to provide iron audio, even in ALL METAL mode.

That is going to be extremely helpful when out hunting areas with lots of bottlecaps.

I also like the fact that it has a dedicated U.S. coins mode.

There are two features no other gold detector offers that I could find.

I am going to put in few weeks with it first before I post any kind of review.

I believe the instructional video when it says you need to put in at least 100 hours before you get really proficient.

Anyway, its great to be hear and I'm really looking forward to using this detector.

HH

Hey Smudge, congrats on a great choice. I've had an AT Gold for 6 months and love it. That 5x8 coil is killer !!! Several rings so far including a small gold band that rang up like a nickel. Watch those mid tones, that's where the good stuff is.

Enjoy and I look forward to seeing your finds.

Hear that sound? It's all that jewelry quivering in fear.....:blink: