Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New AT Max On The Way

Miser67

Now that Tesoro has all but gone away, I went in search of a new metal detector. I bought the Minelab Equinox 800, but for the life, I simply could not connect with that machine. I am not saying it is bad detector by any stretch, but it just wasn't right for me. This was the third Minelab I had tried and let go of. I suppose Minelab just isn't for me.

I am looking forward to getting the Garrett AT Max delivered and seeing how it operates. Several people in my club own one and they like it. Some complain about its chattiness compared to the AT Pro, and I suggested that since the machine appears to run on the hot side, had they considered turning the sensitivity down to maybe three or four bars? They hadn't so I'll be interested to hear their results.

I almost always grab the AT Max .. So simple to use .. I have figured out to do the coil wiggle and can find the targets

Hope you enjoy the "MAX"......you got the deepest of the AT Series. To deal with the chatter, turn down the sensitivity a bit, try another ground balance, make sure your coil wire isn't loose, see where the chatter reads as a VDI number, and notch it out. But....if you can tolerate the chatter, you will still hear a good signal, and know at the same time that you are getting some decent depth.

Here's a field test summary I did recently. - https://www.findmall.com/read.php?79,2393561