Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New AT PRO owner. A question on audio tones.

HaloEffect426

Hello to all and Happy holidays.

I am about to become a new AT PRO owner and am hopeful. This machine will be an outstanding performer as I am sure it will. It has been some years since my last new detector . The two major reasons for going with the AT PRO , for me, were the all terrain and the audio tones with it.
I know most may not want to read about my past machine so I will try to keep it simple . In the 1990's I bought the eagle sl two '90 and realized the tone audio (or audio target I.D.) and notch discriminate were awesome.. Bringing me a 10kt rose gold wedding band the first day I used an user one modified coin and jewelry. Program...

I would like to know with the AT Pro users out there, how well you like the audio tone feature and if it really does a good job for those deeper silver coins....especially in higher trash areas? I think this audio tone feature is probably similar to what I have been used to. With the Eagle, it was audio target I.D. but just the same only new and improved on the AT PRO.

I understand the eagle I had used is over 25 plus year old technology so using this comparison is not a very good one but it is all I have to go by. I also understand this may be a beaten up subject as the AT PRO. has been out for some time now too.
Although I have watched most of the Garrett how to videos. I would just like to hear some comments from to he current users out there...this will be my first Garrett machine so bare with me a little as ...well yes. I am converting from a hard core White's user to Garrett! As I think it is time for a change for the better! Thanks ahead of time..... HH. HaloEffect426

Dear. Halo .... i have the at pro all terrain so in my pleasure to given to you my experience .... first the standard mode is perfect with more deep and you can here the target and with at pro mode you can have a great tone for special the silver coins or rings but you will miss a lot of treasures because it will not be more deep .... and to fix this problem it will be a great idea for buying a nel thunder coil for the open area and for the beach you can put nel snake ..... it's only my opinion sir. Regards

I mainly hunt for old coins and use the Pro Zero mode. Most of my old coin hunting is done sifting through the trash. Not only my opinion, but it is held in pretty high esteem for its un-masking abilities and ranks right up there some far more expensive machines. I thoroughly love the audio tones in the Pro Zero mode. Listen for those high tone wisps and tic's intermingled among the trash/iron tones. Good luck, I believe you will really like the A T Pro. HH jim tn

Thanks Makro, for the imput. Yes I will be adding some additional coils to my extras as I go along. I have read a few articles on the Nel Thunder and the like. I will have to get used to tbe AT PRO first and build my skills with it like with any new machine. ... Sincerely, HaloEffect426. HH.

Ok. Jim tn, thank you for the advice using the pro zero mode. And those small whispy high tones...amongts the iron.. Im getting pretty fired up about my choice as there a alot of ...almost identical features as that. Old eagle I used to run... There seem to be quite a few techniqes with the ATP. that are going to come in handy in the field... Again. Thanks...... HH from. HaloEffect426