Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New ATX user here....

JFlynn

I'll be using it primarily in the water, fill this thread up with some ATX tips and nuances for me to look for. Looks to me like it's gonna be pretty easy to learn it's nuances.

Hope you have as much fun as success as many others here. Any questions?......Just ask. Below are some general tips using the Garrett ATX:

-Stay away from junky area......a general suggestion for all PI's
-Ground balance with the sensitivity turned to about half or less
-Remember, the Iron check only works down to about 5 inches on a coin sized target.....still, a great advancement for available PI techno;ogy
-Do hunt hunted out places, as they(other hunters) have removed a lot of junk, leaving only the good deep targets for you
-learn to pinpoint without the pinpoint button, to conserve battery life
-Do dig weird audio signals.... can be bi-metal coins, chains, foreign coins or other surprises
-If you like to dig deep, use a scoop which has a long horizontal length
-re-ground balance after about 30 minutes if your coil had a +/- temperature of about 10 degree compared to the water
-Keep your "O" rings well lubricated to maintain water proof integrity
-Expect about 10 hours battery life on decent rechargeable AA's. When the battery light comes on, you have about 20 minutes left
-Use the supplied harness in shallow water. In deep water, the ATX has great buoyancy

Have fun & share you finds here :thumbup: