Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New coil batteries for the new Deus coils...

A quote from XP "DEUS: Product information and NEWS"
"All coils will be supplied with a lithium battery with a higher capacity. The new battery is integrated into the lower stem tube and offer a longer battery life, which is especially useful when searching remote area’s with no available charging facilities." It also states that "The MI-6 has a very long battery life – Up to 90 hours."
So my question is two fold, one-does the coil and pinpointer have the same battery? And two-will the new coil battery work in the older 9, 11, and 13 inch coils, backphones and control unit? And if so what is there estimated battery run time?

Looked like the new battery attached to the coil by a wire in the video I saw so I doubt it will interchange with the old ones. I also suspect the battery life on the pinpointer and the coil will not be at all related since the pinpointer does nothing but pitch or beep with no signal processor. The coil is the workhorse while the pinpointer isn't even a pony.

The HF coils are the only ones that use the external battery system. It fits into teh top of the lower rod and a wire runs into the coil - the connection point where it enters the coil is sealed. The battery can be replaced if you need a spare in the field or you can recharge it using the regular clip charger point on the coil

The Pinpointer uses its own Li-ION battery which gives up to 90 hours on a charge if you use it with the Deus and go through the headphones . . . less if you use it like a conventional pinpointer; i.e., the speaker in the unit, or with another detector.

Hope this answers your question

Andy

thanks for the info ,I believe im gonna give the 10 x 6 a try when it comes out.