Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New coil for my Spectra....

Phil

I've been out of detecting for a few years due to medical problems. I finally can get out and detect and am interested in getting a different search coil for my Spectra. Never cared for the D2 coil and mainly use the 6x10 and 5.3. I need a coil to replace the D2 and don't want a concentric. Anyone have suggestions on a good coil? Before I had medical problems I had thought about one of the SEF coils like a 10x12 but thought I'd check and see if there wasn't another option. Thanks for any help.

The white 10x12 SEF is a good alternative to the D2.

Thanks to both of you. I think I'll be ordering one soon.

What do you expect with the new coil? It won't be day and night difference.

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?66,2068271

Rob (IL) said:
What do you expect with the new coil? It won't be day and night difference.

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?66,2068271

Rob, I'm hoping the SEF will be quieter and not false as much as the D2 does. My non-V rated 6x10 coil off my early MXT runs much better on my Spectra than the D2. I'm getting ready to send my V3 in for the V3i upgrade and they are supposed to check my coil and re-chargable battery pack also. Right now I have to use my Etrac to hunt deeper old coins because I don't have a good coil for deep targets. It kills me that I cannot take advantage of all the ID features of the V3 for my old coin hunting. My D2 doesn't test bad for me but it seems very prone to EMI and falsing. I'm not expecting miracles from the SEF, I just want my Spectra to be competitive with my Etrac instead of being a high dollar clad machine. I feel kind of like I bought a Ferrari and it won't shift higher than 2nd gear.:rofl: I was going to do the upgrade and have the coil checked several years ago but kind of forgot about it when I had medical problems. My machine is long out of warranty, the sticker in the control box says 2009.

The more sensitive the coil the more prone it is to EMI. The 6x10 is not a deep coil and not as sensitive to EMI. I think you will find the SEF is also sensitive to EMI. I'm not where you are so I can't know why your V is not deep or is too sensitive. I know Neil has come back from his Minelab and there are others. You have to use what works for you.

Several guys have done good comparisons between the V3i and Minelab on this site.

My buddy had the V3 and when he got his back from the upgrade he said it ran a lot smoother. Maybe you might want to wait until after the upgrade. Someone else might want to confirm this as i have the vx3. good luck

The V3i is smoother than the V3. I run Lock Trac most of the time but personally liked the V3 tracking better than the V3i tracking. It was just a personal thing.