Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New coil on my Deleon

dan b

I bought the new 11x8 widescan coil and got out with it for about an hour after work today. I went to a neighbourhood school that has been closed for years, and a place I've hit regularly when testing new machines. There is a small front yard that has produced 80 coins and a silver ring. I didn't expect to find much but I'm eager to get out and swing my Deleon. I spent about an hour, covered about 1/3 of it and dug another 30 coins, including a nice 1949 silver quarter. Needless to say, I was blown away. I would have bet money that there wasn't much left there. The only negative thing I can say is that it likes flattened bottle caps like most other DD coils. Small price to pay.

Dan

Would you say it's better than the stock coil. Do you see yourself using it exclusively? How's the depth?

It seems much more effective for coverage (being DD instead of concentric). Depth is the same, I did air tests that showed me that. Pinpointing is only slightly more difficult, but I'm already getting that sorted out after an hour of practice. I can't really see going back to the 9x8. I covered that lot thoroughly (or so I thought) with concentric coils and yet it was like I wasn't even there before. Popping out 30 coins in approximately an hour is usually what I do on sites that haven't been detected yet. But I already dug 80 coins from that small lot. I expect by the time I finish I will find another 50-60 in a place I already covered! It takes me back to when I had an ACE250, dug 50 coins in one area, then found another 100 when I got a Tejon and reworked that same area.

I recommend that new coil on the Deleon!

Dan

Thanks for the information. I really like the Deleon. If you have any other Deleon pointers that would be appreciated. I had one that I used for a couple of years and sold and just got another one. I have made good finds with the Deleon. I am amazed that mine will air test a dime at 10 inches and a quarter at 12.

I have a video on YouTube I did about 3 years ago where I believe I was getting about the same in AM. Switch to disc and it's down to around 8. I never got around to doing part 2 showing the Deleon with the disc enabled. I've never had reason to be dissatisfied with the depth of the Deleon.

Dan

The DeLeon has been good to me. I was impressed with the depth when I first got it.
BB

I love my Deleon but I only use it as a coin shooter and never had the stock coil for it but my Troy super 7 was paired to it.
I want to try and expand the style of hunting I do with it to be more general.
But for now, as a coin shooter, it's one of the best I have in my stable. Found some nice silver rings with it too.
Very impressed.
She's an older model I got used but after a tune up at Tesoro and having it set to that coil, it's the greatest.
Enjoy you new machine and happy hunting!!!

I use to preach that the RSD was the best coil for the Deleon and it fell on deaf ears so I quit. I'm glad you found out that there is something to it.In my opinion, target separation is much better with the RSD. Pinpointing is right where the gold ring sits that I found with using the coil. The little round Tesoro emblem is under it. I hope this helps your pinpointing solution.

[attachment 341623 11.jpg]