Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New coil on the way

atomicwayne

I just ordered the 10.5 DD 18.75 coil from a dealer .I will be using it mostly on the beach. Anyone else using the round coil ? How does it perform in parks? The beach should be a good place for it,I was wondering what I could expect in the parks and school yards. I am not too thrilled that it is not water proof . I plan to use silicone on coil connector just in case it gets splashed. Will that void any warranty by adding silicone to wire connection ? Will pin pointing be very much different ? I have read about the X pinpointing and the wiggle technique. Should I beef up the connection point where shaft connects to coil I have read it is a weak point on the coil . thank's in advance for any pointers or input I am just getting use to this new 705.

It will take light splashes or wet dew from the grass. Just don't submerge it. I believe it is considered water resistant but is not waterproof. The HF has a little quicker response than the MF DD, but loses a little target ID at depth in comparison to the MF.