Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New coil standard 9"?

Hmmm...what's up with that? If the coil has been changed internally, I'd like to know about it as would other new Deus users.

Can anyone talk to this?

Funny how rumors start and then take on a life of their own . . . . . several forums have started this speculation that the 9" coil is new and that the one that was available is out-dated . . . . well, the word directly from Alain in the XP factory is simply the following:

[size=x-large]"The electronics and performance of ALL 9 inch coils are the same and have not changed."[/size]

So if you see someone posting a coil with a different decal or claiming the coil has been changed . . . . smile, thank the poster and be assured that there is nothing different with the coil you have and what they claim to have on their Deus . . . and don't worry, you will still be finding what your coil passes over

:cheers:

Andy

Not true, test with two coils of 9 ", and the new, in V.3.2, more stability, and ground balance number, stability.
Coil old, ground balance number, leaps, and jumps.
No logic, design change.

"Prester"

We appreciate your input and what you perceive as being a difference; however, when the design team at XP provides input that states there is no difference and no changes have been made to the 9 inch coil, one has to put more weight in that information. If you are seeing a problem with an older coil in terms of stability or performance you might want to see if the coil has been damaged; i.e., water intrusion, housing cracked, etc., as there should be no difference between any 9 inch coil in terms of performance. I just checked out two units - one from January 2012 and a brand new one with no difference noted in any aspect of performance.

Again, there is no difference in the construction or internal design of the 9 inch coils found on the Deus according to the people that design and build them.

Andy

Thanks Andy Sabisch.
But the two coils, good performance with V2.0
The new coil, work much better in V3.2.
Coil 11 "+ new coil 9", good work V3.2 and V2.0
Old coil 9 ", good job V2.0, V3.2 does not work well.
I do not understand.

Since there is no difference in the coil design or construction, you should have the coil in question checked out by the nearest service center to see why there is a difference - it is not because one coil is made differently

Andy Sabisch said:
Since there is no difference in the coil design or construction, you should have the coil in question checked out by the nearest service center to see why there is a difference - it is not because one coil is made differently

Andy, if the photos are accurate it appears that the mounting point has been moved back towards the edge of the coil. I don't even know if this "new" coil exists, but if it does, there appears to be at least a cosmetic change, no?

Thanks

I think if you look at the photos that were posted comparing the old and "new" 9 inch coil you will see that the "new" 9 inch coil is in fact the 11 inch coil. Take a look at the post I put up showing all three coils and the close-up of the 11 inch coil that I was using in the photos.

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?83,1968155

Rather than continuing a discussion over a point that even the factory says is unfounded, all I can say is that if someone has a "new" design on a 9 inch coil, hang onto it since it is about as elusive as Big Foot, the Loch Ness monster or the Yeti is . . . .

Andy

I was wondering if some changes had been made also to the 9 inch that is now shipping, if only cosmetic, there is a Deus 'lite' for sale on a popular auction site that appears to have the same coil. It seems to have the similar looking charge connector change that is seen on the new 11 inch coil. I compared the pictures in this post and those of the auction item and neither of them are the same as my Deus 11 inch so i am pretty sure its not an 11.

the reason of XP putting new coils out is because the battery and electronics are easy to change, so when the new coils "designs" are more standard in the future it is more easy to switch battery or electronics by the user and/or faster for XP to replace a defect coil and not waste battery/coil/electronics, u just replace what's broken, much cheaper for the end user

hamdit said:
the reason of XP putting new coils out is because the battery and electronics are easy to change, so when the new coils "designs" are more standard in the future it is more easy to switch battery or electronics by the user and/or faster for XP to replace a defect coil and not waste battery/coil/electronics, u just replace what's broken, much cheaper for the end user

Please cite where this information comes from. We've had info right from the president of XP that differs.

thanks