Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New coils?

Low-Boy/LCPM

How many of you are using the higher freq coils and finding them to work better in iron and finding relics and coins. What coils are you using now and why..

Thanks LowBoy

Hi Low-Boy, I have the 9" and 11" LF coils and just got the 9" white HF coil, I like the HF coil, but don't know if it dose any better than the 9" LF . I have not used the 9" HF as much as the LF, but I have done very good with the LF 9". Maybe after it cools down a little, I will use the HF one more.

I've had the 9"hf round coil for a bit and I like it.
I've found a few great things with it so far.
It does seem to be more stable.
Separates as well if not better and really rings out on the good stuff.
I don't know if I would have done any better or less with the LF coils.
Fortunately or un-fortunately I'm the new owner of a chocolate lab pup, so I haven't had the time to hunt.
He's getting older and better, so if the heat doesn't stop me I should have a more time to put under my belt with the HF coil.
I have been hunting for relics mostly and not doing any parks or schools, so I can't comment on them.
So far I'm not sorry I made the purchase.
Now the new X35 coils look intriguing.
Just more $$$

I bought the hf elliptical coil last year and used it on some heavily infested fields in the uk. To be honest I am not at all convinced it was better, I certainly dug more iron. Now we have a new range of coils, will I purchase any of them, unlikely, because at present I see no advantages.....although I can’t help but wonder if, a big if, are we going to get simultaneous multi frequencies.
As I see it this is the only way forward now as Xperia seems to have peaked. There are a large number of used deus’s for sale in the uk and I suspect sales have dropped. We shall keep our machines as overall they have found us a lot of stuff.

I think that most people that have the HF coils do see the advantages they have over the LF coils in several types of situations. That certainly has been my experience. And if the new LF coil can run as quiet in 4 kHz as the HF coils do, then I expect that will be advantageous for me also. The fact that I can hunt in 4 to 28 kHz with just one coil is also an advantage for me. I think it just depends on what you hunt, where you hunt and how you hunt.

Trust me XP have not peaked !

Looking at the amount of XP's at UK and European events you can clearly see it is by far the most popular machine, there will always be machines on EBay. People sell for many different reasons, in many cases we see they are not selling their Deus because they are not happy, in fact it's the opposite, many people are buying new machines to take advantage of the XP 5 year warranty, and selling their old machines.

I would say between 70 and 80 percent of detectorist are using the Deus over here.
IF multifrequency was the holy grail of detecting we would all be using it.

Multifrequency - Just my thoughts.
Sure, it has a place on the wet sand, on paper it sounds like a good plan, but in the field I have never seen any advantages and feel single frequency machines are more "honest".
From what I have experienced using current multifrequency machines, I believe it needs to be improved.
Until we get a better multi frequency platform, sorry guys I am not a believer.

What do you think of the new coils that are coming out for relic hunting are they going to make it work differently then the HF coils that are out now. Is there an advantage with this new coil?

looking for feedback on boost mode

I already have my order in for a X35 13". Any word when they will arrive in the states?

Pre-ordered mine a few weeks ago at metaldetector.com, got it on Wed.........I live in NY.

-Mark

targets said:
looking for feedback on boost mode

I got my x35 13 inch a few days ago and i am not overly impressed with boost mode. It only works in 4khz It seems to add a small amount of depth but the 13 does not give that much over my 9lf in general.
Also, it seems to like "deep" as it gives a better increase in depth but not so much at all with "hot" (sadly....my go to program)

I think you will find any improvements using the boost mode and 4khz will be for larger targets at depth versus your typical coin target (ie. hoards). Either way I rarely use 4khz due to being more susceptible to EMI in many places I detect.

I cant wait to get one and try it on relic sites.....im very excited about this coil.

remmy said:
Also, it seems to like "deep" as it gives a better increase in depth but not so much at all with "hot" (sadly....my go to program)

That's sounds right Remmy. I wouldn't expect you to get any additional depth when running a "hot" program. With a typical Reactivity setting of 3, and TX at 1 or 2, that program is not designed for deep diving. I think the only way you are going to get extra depth out of the X35 coils compared to the same size old coil, is to use the boost in 4 kHz or take advantage of the X35's stability and jack up your settings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ny6mJhisgjI

calabash digger said:
I cant wait to get one and try it on relic sites.....im very excited about this coil.

I think you are gonna like it.. I can run sensitivity up to 98-99 on most places I go now. I feel it's deeper due to that. Plus if you don't use the highest frequency on the white coil too much you may not even need the white coil when all said and done. However I'm very much looking forward to your comparison on these coils .. like what can 54kHz do that 27.7 can't. That alone could be the answer for people needing one coil vs 2.

Gary, a couple of questions. I understand that the x35 in not a MF coil but rather just offers more SF in one coil. Also a question I've not seen addressed. Does the x35 offer norm off which I consider the biggest downside to the HF especially here in the states where aluminum and rusty steel is a big problem. With 4fx on the LF you can discriminate these out, but then lose the stability of the hf. thanks!

He doesn't talk about the higher freq and tried the test that way and he did't talk about if a higher freq will be a game changer on relics...and why it would be a game changer??