Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Coiltek coil for XTerra...

Gaz

...I see there's an ad in this month's UK Treasure Hunting magazine for a new XTerra coil by Coiltek. Looks a bit of a beast!!!.....15 inch......phew!!

It'll be like swinging a dustbin lid!!......sorry!.....trash can lid...:lol:

My first thought confimed what I was thinking...that Minelab can't be bothered with making new coils so gave Coiltek the technical data to do it!!!

Gaz.

Nothing on Coiltek's website about it yet.
Got any more specifics? Frequency? Configuration? Price?

......I think it's early days lads. As I said.....the ad is in the UK Treasure Hunting mag but I can't see it advertised on the dealers pages.
I think it'll be with Joan Allen Detectors in the UK as Coiltek have made an issue about returning to them to sell their coils.

It looks like the Explorer type WOT coil.....is 15 inch....round....DD.....and that hideous orange colour!!!

I bet it'll be a great and very deep coil. A little too big for me and most people I suspect but it will sell well I bet.

Gaz.

......sorry forgot!......it's 7.5 Khz.......says it works on all models of XTerra's......

Gaz.

The ad is also in the Sept. 2011 issue of Lost Treasure magazine (USA) on page 33.

Ad states Coiltek for all X-Terra models 15" DD 7.5kHz fully waterproof!

Doc's Detecting, Las Vegas Nevada name is on the ad.

I think this is AKA the WOT (wild orange thing) and goes for about $220 retail.

I would be interested in seeing reviews by some of you guys with deeper pockets then mine before I break open the cookie jar to buy one.

Good Hunting

Denny

I had a 15" WOT when I had my sovereign, and it was a great coil....very light for the size and, yes, it was Orange and it was also a Wonderful Thing...should make the X Terra an even bigger killer on the beach..with the sovereign I found a very small gold ring in very wet sand, saltwater beach, and the sand is about 90% black sand...I found three other small rings that day (not gold or silver), so the 15" coil will pick up small jewellery, no worries.

i will also wait for test reports on this coil still waiting on NEL to arrive so feeling like kirk01 about the cookie jar for another coil.

.....yeah.....get the NEL and go from there dude. You won't be disappointed with it.
I'm out again with mine this Sunday on a new club farm. Done some research and there are references to roman and medieval so should be good.
I'll take some photo's and report how the coil is performing.

The more coils that are available for the XTerra's the better.....no matter where they come from.
Choice and competition is good!!

Gaz.

well said Gaz i think minelab may be fighting back in there own way and competition brings about better coils for US :clapping:

looking forward to the report on the coil and finds all sounds good and good luck :)

Great News!! Remember there is a XT Gold machine that they already have the coil for. I think I would trust Coiltek before I would the NEL Tornado. The WOT will be faster to get also when they get it out and the warranty would be better......MO

your right morelic55 on most of those points would have to agree if something goes wrong its probably a bin thing so fingers crossed :crazy: so don't get a NEL peeps leave the goodies for us :rofl:

More coil choice sells more machines.

Jeff

I agree. I've been looking for a backup machine for my GPX at DIV and the X-Terra with this coil may be a great choice.

Thank goodness, hallelujah!!! A WOT for the X-Terra's!!! About time!!! I have wanted such for a very long time!!! Thank you very much CoilTek and Minelab!!!

15" DD swath(round or elliptical) is a great minimum(no smaller) coverage for large fields. Good for larger homestead areas, farmers fields, and prospecting. All for much more coverage and also going deeper in certain useful applications.

My 15" DD WOT for my Musky is a great coil, not heavy for me and has wonderful coverage. It is designed for and is good for coin sized objects.

Fisher had the Detech SEF butterfly coils available before, now Fisher just came out with a brand new factory 15" round DD for their F75.

Also now there is a new X-Terra round 15" DD out that will make the X-Terra's much more competitive!!!

kirk01 said:
The ad is also in the Sept. 2011 issue of Lost Treasure magazine (USA) on page 33.

Ad states Coiltek for all X-Terra models 15" DD 7.5kHz fully waterproof!

Doc's Detecting, Las Vegas Nevada name is on the ad.

I think this is AKA the WOT (wild orange thing) and goes for about $220 retail.

I would be interested in seeing reviews by some of you guys with deeper pockets then mine before I break open the cookie jar to buy one.

Good Hunting

Denny

Just found out, it's $329.00 at Doc's, due in Aug.

Good Hunting

Denny