Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Compadre and $$

Took my new Compadre out this A.M. for a walk thru the Kids Kingdom play park. Came out with 8 quarters, 11 dimes, 1 nickel, 11 pennies, one $5 Mexican bicentennial coin, numerous curiosities, and the best, a perfect big black Raven feather to stick in my go-to-hell- hat. You gentlemen are correct. The Compadre is rapidly becoming my favorite detector. It finds "stuff".

Big, small, linked, single, broken perfect and any color.
It can get closer to large tot lot iron, fence posts and bench legs than any detector on the market if you listen for that double beep.
It hunts well in trash or wide open clean areas and everything in between.
It is fun and most of the time surprising to use.

"Faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomoti"...sorry, that's someone else, but don't ever try to convince me this thing doesn't also possess super powers.

That is a good hunt. I keep wanting a GB on it and exchangeable coils and a gain knob

Have just bought a Compadre and still blown away with what it can do,mine had the modification that allows other 5 pin coils to be used and that was mainly the reason why i bought it,currently have the small 4'' coil on it at the moment but after raiding the wife's jewellery box for small gold item its amazing how such a low spec detector can hit these items that high end detectors miss.

It wont become my main detector but boy does it give you a smile on your face and you come home after a really enjoyable detecting session,its brought back some of the fun again that had got lost in all the twiddling of the expensive detectors controls.

For the money i dont think the Compadre can be beaten.

We told you that you would love it. It is just one of them detectors that is just fun to use and it will find the good stuff. For my kind of hunting, it is my detector of choice. You can hunt for days and the batteries keep on going. Hope we get to see some pictures. Have fun with it... KEN. Ind.

A lot of folks think it is just Tesoro fans hype- but this thing is sometimes unbelievable. I got a deeper super-duper detector that I really like, but guess which detector I use the most?:wiggle:

I sold mine and I really miss it.

Miser67 said:
I sold mine and I really miss it.
Shame on you for selling such a great detector. You know it could beat the pants off other detectors above its class. That means that you will have to leave THE CHURCH OF THE COMPADRE. Bad boy... KEN. Ind.

only church I go too :biggrin:

I like the way it ignores big can bits and picks the coin size targets or rings out of there, didn't believe it either till I used it :wiggle:

AJ

[/quote]
Shame on you for selling such a great detector. You know it could beat the pants off other detectors above its class. That means that you will have to leave THE CHURCH OF THE COMPADRE. Bad boy... KEN. Ind.[/quote]

I feel the shame of an infidel. I am going to replace it. Selling the Compadre was huge mistake.

Hmmm...scrolling through this post and reading the replies...all from some well respected hunters I might add...so its not just Teeboy hype I figure...A guy keeps hearing about this rig year after year..reading posts about some amazing finds, from Gold to old silver...:drool:.
I will have to try to get my hands on one...I'd have to do a 'side by side' with my current rig though....a guy cannot write off the kind of performance and user base this Compadre thing has...Nice work there OKM!
Mud

mudpuppy said:
Hmmm...scrolling through this post and reading the replies...all from some well respected hunters I might add...so its not just Teeboy hype I figure...A guy keeps hearing about this rig year after year..reading posts about some amazing finds, from Gold to old silver...:drool:.
I will have to try to get my hands on one...I'd have to do a 'side by side' with my current rig though....a guy cannot write off the kind of performance and user base this Compadre thing has...Nice work there OKM!
Mud

Don't believe a thing, mud, it's hype...pure spin I tell ya.
Sure I did write that Church of the Compadre thread on another forum that is 20 pages long, has close to 800 replies and over 82,000 views and has been mentioned on just about every forum on the net at one time or another when Compadre owners compare notes...but that was just a joke that got way out of control.
Really.
I reprinted here too, but don't bother reading it.

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?17,1796300,1800020#msg-1800020

I don't really believe anything I say about this thing, it has no superpowers and it is really more of a Clark Kent type of detector.
There are almost uncountable amounts of targets left to find in the soil and your F70 will do the job just fine.
You won't gain anything in tot lots or any other sites using this thing over a Fisher so just stop talking nonsense about getting one.
To recap...
It has no superpowers and it is not all that much fun to use as you think.
Trust me on this so just stop reading this and don't scroll down any further.

[size=x-small]Do you guys think he believed me?
Sure hope so.
There are tons of targets left in the world to find but that number is not unlimited and there are way to many Compadre owners out there scooping up more than their share of goodies so we don't need another one.
I apologize and blame myself for a lot of this...sorry.[/size]

Come and join us Mud. We'll even teach you the secret handshake.

Hi Mud. When you get one of them compadres, you can join the church with the rest of us. All new owners has to bring the donuts. You will enjoy the songs. Tabman leads the singing. Wait till you hear that. I take care of the colection plate. Please join... KEN. Ind.