Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Compadre!!

danrom

Well....another follower I guess. I just bought the Compadre for my daughter for her 9th birthday. I played with the idea of getting her the $44 Harbor Freight job...or some of the other detectors for less than $100. After reading a ton of threads from you guys about the Compadre it sounds like it can't be beat for the money. I myself use the Fisher F-70 and love it...but this little Tesoro seems like it would be perfect for her. She loves the coins!!....and she doesn't like to dig too deep. After reading the posts from the Tesoro lovers I feel as though I made a good choice. (it will be my back up unit)....buts she doesn't know that. Thanks for the advise!

Careful, once you start using the Compadre, you may turn over the F70 to your daughter! :)

Folks have been looking for a detector for the kids. Big problem always is the detector shafts can't be adjusted short enought for their height.
Not a problem, very easy solution. Do not use the center shaft that connects the lower rod to the s-handle. Just slide the lower rod into the s-handle.

There is some room on the s-handle to drill two more spring clip holes to give a bit more adjustment. If your motivated buy another lower rod, shorten it, drill two new spring clip mounting holes. Folks have done this in the past to makea compact Tesoro for searching in walls, small caves, under houses etc.

Thanks for the info! I think she will be able to use it at it shortest length which is 38". Especially if I move the for arm rest down a little towards the control box for her. It amazes me reading through these forums how people love their metal detectors. Its no different that the old Ford or Chevy argument...or a person that love their favorite sports team. It really doesn't matter...were all just out having fun...but people are territorial about their machines. I am open for discussion...lol I love my F70 but make no mistake about it....if someone were to show me a machine that works better for what I do....then I wouldn't have a problem switching brands. I could have got my little girl the Fisher F2...if it was all about the brand. I think the Compadre will be easier for her to operate...and is still a quality machine for the money! Just sayin....thanks guys for the info!