Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New COVA Actions on 2078; Needs a response

A

Anonymous

Here is my reposne to a request from COVA and APVA for their members to contact the budget committee. It has come down to funding or not funding this bill and many more positions. If funded the positions will be filled with anti detecting archaeologists and our hobby will suffer. Please PLEASE email call or fax the budget committee members to reduce COVA funding. It will help.
I stressed the money issues in my response since this is what the budget committee deals with.
====================================
Del_Callahan@house.state.va.us , Del_Putney@house.state.va.us , Del_Hamilton@house.state.va.us , Del_Cox@house.state.va.us , Del_Wardrup@house.state.va.us , district28@sov.state.va.us , vasenate28@aol.com , district29@sov.state.va.us , district40@sov.state.va.us , district12@sov.state.va.us , district17@sov.state.va.us , ehouck@adelphia.net
Dear Sir:
I wrote to ask you not to fund HB2078 or support budget amendments 396 and 397. They are expensive and unneeded. The efforts are misdirected and costly.
All the laws supporting HB2078 were struck from the bill because they were improper. Why then fund a position to accomplish the same improper tasks? It is wasteful. Based on the content of Bill 1500 the position of state archaeologist will have all of DHR reporting to this position. Why create another level of bureaucracy? It is waste full and expensive. This position was denied to COVA for the last ten years. Why fund a position that was rejected for ten years as wrong? It will be wasteful. Please spend the money instead on something helpful such as free clinics. People die every week in Virginia because they do not have access to proper medical care. Save a few lives and let DHR and COVA people work a little harder.
The amendments also establish one or more positions of easement coordinator. As I understand it this is a person whose job is to spend more money. This does not make sense if you practice fiscal responsibility. Other states and localities have done this and then dropped the programs as too expensive and wasteful. Why not just do it now and save the money? To be honest there are plenty of people who would sign the easements for nothing. Why spend the money since it will just become a bonus program for wealthy owners of historic homes? Or if the archaeologists get involved it will become a program to eliminate relic hunting by pursuing easements on private property. Please do not fund these positions so you can spend Virginia