Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New D2 Update? But its too hot pan the east coast to detect

BigTony

XP D2 has a new update, probably 2.0 but with this heat on the East coast it’s too hot to detect. Also what I don’t get is Go Terrain was only released in the UK for now.
If you go to their web site it’s called Extreme Hunter and you have to scroll down to get it - it’s not listed in the menu at the top.
Maybe I shouldn’t post this here if its not out in the US yet
Tony

XP D2 has a new update, probably 2.0 but with this heat on the East coast it’s too hot to detect. Also what I don’t get is Go Terrain was only released in the UK for now.
If you go to their web site it’s called Extreme Hunter and you have to scroll down to get it - it’s not listed in the menu at the top.
Tony

Sorry, where exactly is it on the website? And you haven't been able to use it here in the US, have you?

Sorry, where exactly is it on the website? And you haven't been able to use it here in the US, have you?
Folks in the UK were told about the update. Me, I haven’t tried to update yet, just feel tired from the heat.
Just go to the XP web site and scroll down until you see the box to update to V2.0 on the left. It’s not hard to find, if you look for it.
Tony

The v2.0 update is supposed to make it compatible with the new Extreme Hunter setup and make it hotter on small gold/low conductors. TNSS just put out a few vids regarding the difference and one again on what happens when adjusting disc…this one people need to be aware of, even if it doesn’t affect how they hunt. Info about the update is on XP’s website.
Dammit Tony you’re too fast you beat me to it!😆

The v2.0 update is supposed to make it compatible with the new Extreme Hunter setup and make it hotter on small gold/low conductors. TNSS just put out a few vids regarding the difference and one again on what happens when adjusting disc…this one people need to be aware of, even if it doesn’t affect how they hunt. Info about the update is on XP’s website.
Dammit Tony you’re too fast you beat me to it!😆
I don’t know TNSS, is he good to watch? Just boarded here in NJ from extreme heat, thank God I don’t live further west. I hit a beach the other day and after 90 minutes I was so exhausted I thought I wouldn’t make it home. That night I saw the FB post on the update to 2.0 but I’m still tired from the heat, body isn’t making it theses days. Hopefully you’ll forgive me for being an internet nut.
Best of luck to you and others.
Tony NJ

I don’t know TNSS, is he good to watch? Just boarded here in NJ from extreme heat, thank God I don’t live further west. I hit a beach the other day and after 90 minutes I was so exhausted I thought I wouldn’t make it home. That night I saw the FB post on the update to 2.0 but I’m still tired from the heat, body isn’t making it theses days. Hopefully you’ll forgive me for being an internet nut.
Tony NJ
It’s “tnsharpshooter” on YouTube, he’s done extensive testing and comparisons between the different software versions. As he has said, his above ground tests aren’t necessarily what you’ll always see “in the dirt” but some tendencies of the D2 are revealed in what he does. It’s helpful to see what changes can be made to possibly increase your finds in various scenarios.
We are all internet nuts, it’s what makes it normal!😃

It’s “tnsharpshooter” on YouTube, he’s done extensive testing and comparisons between the different software versions. As he has said, his above ground tests aren’t necessarily what you’ll always see “in the dirt” but some tendencies of the D2 are revealed in what he does. It’s helpful to see what changes can be made to possibly increase your finds in various scenarios.
We are all internet nuts, it’s what makes it normal!😃
Oh ok, I think I did watch one that he posted here and it was interesting. Thanks, I’ll check it out

I just noticed the update because I watch Sharpshooter's videos, had no idea until I got a notification. He does good in finding the bugs. There's a lot of bugs in Tennessee. 🤣
So since I now know, I'm going to have to turn on the laptop and do the update and see what they've done, and see what's different. I'm in Florida. It's been so hot this summer that I thought my cloths were going to catch on fire. About now is when it starts to cool down a little, hopefully.

Tony
Wow another update? well I'm out on the lake finding silver hoping for gold
Mark

Like Gary from the "Metal Detecting Skill School " stated in his video, the update is geared to the Extreme Hunter. I am sticking with 1.1 because there is no advantage for me to update.

I just updated to version 2.0. I took me two tries with the remote. Just be patient and you should get a little notification that the device is ready after you plug it in the USB port, you might have to wait a minute. If it acts erratic or glitchy, just repeat the process. It should be nice and smooth when it erases the previous firmware, and smooth with loading the new 2.0 firmware. You can see the progress on the screen of your computer, and also on the screen of your remote and WS6, as the progress is shown on the bar as it slowly starts and moves all the way to the end. Then you'll get a notification that you can disconnect the device, and it will show you the number of the firmware when complete. It was very easy, fortunately.
Now I have to start over and see what it does. Hopefully the previous issues with the tone break, etc., have all been resolved. I guess I'm about to find out. Very happy that they finally came out with the update. I know we've all been waiting a while. 😁

I just updated to version 2.0. I took me two tries with the remote. Just be patient and you should get a little notification that the device is ready after you plug it in the USB port, you might have to wait a minute. If it acts erratic or glitchy, just repeat the process. It should be nice and smooth when it erases the previous firmware, and smooth with loading the new 2.0 firmware. You can see the progress on the screen of your computer, and also on the screen of your remote and WS6, as the progress is shown on the bar as it slowly starts and moves all the way to the end. Then you'll get a notification that you can disconnect the device, and it will show you the number of the firmware when complete. It was very easy, fortunately.
Now I have to start over and see what it does. Hopefully the previous issues with the tone break, etc., have all been resolved. I guess I'm about to find out. Very happy that they finally came out with the update. I know we've all been waiting a while. 😁
Does this update remove stored programs?

Yes, unfortunately. I have to start all over, but not a real big deal. After you put in your programs time and time again, you start to get used to it, and by doing it, it has helped me learn my machine. I sort of get lost sometimes of which side, options or menu to go to for a certain settings, but these updates definitely give me the practice. I write my programs down in a notebook as well, especially after going through several of these updates so I don't lose or forget anything. I hear you though, I wish it would save your custom programs because it does take time putting everything back in.

Yes, unfortunately. I have to start all over, but not a real big deal. After you put in your programs time and time again, you start to get used to it, and by doing it, it has helped me learn my machine. I sort of get lost sometimes of which side, options or menu to go to for a certain settings, but these updates definitely give me the practice. I write my programs down in a notebook as well, especially after going through several of these updates so I don't lose or forget anything. I hear you though, I wish it would save your custom programs because it does take time putting everything back in.
Oh crap not again. Good reminder to write them down in a notebook

Tony NJ
Tony you getting enough fluids ?
And not alcohol.

I have the Updater on my desktop and am not having any success in getting any version newer than .071 which I already have and use. I don't know what I'm missing. Running windows 10