Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New D2 Update? But its too hot pan the east coast to detect

I have the Updater on my desktop and am not having any success in getting any version newer than .071 which I already have and use. I don't know what I'm missing. Running windows 10
Click on the version it shows on the left side of your screen, more options will drop down…or at least should…

Click on the version it shows on the left side of your screen, more options will drop down…or at least should…
It’s actually cleaner and easier IMO to sign up for an account and do it that way, if you haven’t.

I have the Updater on my desktop and am not having any success in getting any version newer than .071 which I already have and use. I don't know what I'm missing. Running windows 10

Try this, I went through that too. You now have to have an account with an email and password. It took me right to the 2.0 update.

Thanks for the link Suncoast! It has gotten me closer than I've been but when I hit update the screen on my pc just goes blank and doesn't change. I let it sit for over a 1/2 hour and just gave up. It's pretty straight forward and I don't it's just me doing something wrong. I'll try another time. I think I need to get swing some>

That's not good. I have an old HP laptop with windows 10 that I'm surprised still works. I frequently do disc clean up to keep my available space, gigabytes, up at a higher level so it runs more smoothly, Defrag, etc. Make sure your security is allowing you to run the update. I have nothing special just Windows Defender and Hitman Pro. Sometimes a little window will pop up asking for permission, but I've never had any problems. I'm running off a Verizon modem that plugs into my USB port to get me on the internet, so it's a little slower than people that have an internet router for their whole house. If everything is working properly, you only have to wait just a few minutes at the most. I would go the route to where you produce an account with your email and a password. I think that would help if you haven't done so already. I had to enter my email and password before I could proceed with the update, but everything went smoothly, even though I did have to update the remote a second time for it to be successful.
That's my best advice is to make sure your computer is in good health, running good, maybe clean it up beforehand. Your security would be the second thing I would look into. Make sure it's not blocking the update. There's no reason to have to wait thirty minutes, somethings wrong. Hopefully when you enter the account, with your computer clean, and your security set to allow it, you should be good to go.
Something else, there's a bug with the pinpoint, so they're about to come out with another update to address that. I would hold off on loading your custom programs until the smoke clears, just to save you some frustration and time. Good luck, I hope you figure out the problem.

That's not good. I have an old HP laptop with windows 10 that I'm surprised still works. I frequently do disc clean up to keep my available space, gigabytes, up at a higher level so it runs more smoothly, Defrag, etc. Make sure your security is allowing you to run the update. I have nothing special just Windows Defender and Hitman Pro. Sometimes a little window will pop up asking for permission, but I've never had any problems. I'm running off a Verizon modem that plugs into my USB port to get me on the internet, so it's a little slower than people that have an internet router for their whole house. If everything is working properly, you only have to wait just a few minutes at the most. I would go the route to where you produce an account with your email and a password. I think that would help if you haven't done so already. I had to enter my email and password before I could proceed with the update, but everything went smoothly, even though I did have to update the remote a second time for it to be successful.
That's my best advice is to make sure your computer is in good health, running good, maybe clean it up beforehand. Your security would be the second thing I would look into. Make sure it's not blocking the update. There's no reason to have to wait thirty minutes, somethings wrong. Hopefully when you enter the account, with your computer clean, and your security set to allow it, you should be good to go.
Something else, there's a bug with the pinpoint, so they're about to come out with another update to address that. I would hold off on loading your custom programs until the smoke clears, just to save you some frustration and time. Good luck, I hope you figure out the problem.
Thanks again. My HP runs good. No other issues. I appreciate your advice. Thanks!

"Bug in the Pinpoint" ? I contacted XP about this about a week ago. They told me the only bug in the pinpoint was the volume and they turned it down in 1.0 or 1.1. I'm wondering if they looked deeper into the problem and found a bigger problem? Anyone have any additional information in regards to the pinpoint problem? I know most of you guys probably seldom use pinpoint but when you're water hunting in rough water it's nice to have .

I'm using windows 7 never had a problem updating mine.
Mark

I posted before, it is critical that you are plugging into a USB 2.0 (Black) and preferably USB 3 (Blue) when running the XP update. XP uses the latest communication protocols as far as USB is concerned. If the software is running and nothing is happening, it's not seeing your device.

I posted before, it is critical that you are plugging into a USB 2.0 (Black) and preferably USB 3 (Blue) when running the XP update. XP uses the latest communication protocols as far as USB is concerned. If the software is running and nothing is happening, it's not seeing your device.
Hmm. Do not have a blue usb port. Both are black. Maybe it is communication. I have successfully updated my Deus 1 on this laptop.

Hmm. Do not have a blue usb port. Both are black. Maybe it is communication. I have successfully updated my Deus 1 on this laptop.
Go to Control panel. Go to Device Manager. Go to Universal Serial Bus Controllers. It will tell you what you have.

Didn’t even know there was another update.
Been too hot with 100+ degrees for 4 months straight and still no relief yet. At this rate maybe hopefully by December it will get to a comfortable 80 degrees.
How is the new update, any issues, and is it worth it if not planning to use the extreme hunter?

One of the things included in the 2.0 update was making the Deus II even more sensitive to lower conductors, especially in the Goldfield program. I personally have not experimented with this, but I did see a video of Tennessee Sharpshooter showing the difference between version 1.1, and the new 2.0, update, and his results did seem to confirm this. That for me could be a good thing, in that I may hit gold targets that are deeper, or smaller, but also could be a bad thing if I have to make adjustments to my programs if I start hitting on smaller pieces of can slaw at the beach. I guess I'll have to maybe reduce my sensitivity. As everyone is saying, it's been so hot that I haven't been to the beach to offer a conclusion on this yet, but it will be something to consider. Also, I wish XP would have listened more to what we all have to say on this forum, as to the pinpoint issue, the iron tones issue, the standardization between settings of tone break settings in all the different tone settings, full tones, etc., could have been resolved by now with this latest update.
That is just another case in point of why this XP Deus forum is so important, as it will help in the evolution of the Deus II, making it an even better detector. As for right now, I'm holding off on reloading all my custom programs, as I anticipate that another update will be coming soon. I know that it's frustrating, but on a positive note, in the end the detector should operate better than the previous versions. They need to pull all the engineers into the war room, like a think tank, address everything there is to consider, do the testing, and finally wrap it up before the next version is released. That's what we used to do, and it works. When I see people wanting to go back to previous versions then something is wrong.

Update on my update challenges on Deus 2 .
Successfully updated the RC to v2 but when I connect the WS6 module I get up to the point where I confirm update and hit the go button and the screen on the ws6 goes to what looks like the charge screen and the battery icon flashes off and on like when charging. If I set it up separately to charge it shows fully charged. Kind of stuck.

Successfully updated the RC to v2 but when I connect the WS6 module I get up to the point where I confirm update and hit the go button and the screen on the ws6 goes to what looks like the charge screen and the battery icon flashes off and on like when charging. If I set it up separately to charge it shows fully charged. Kind of stuck.
And btw I have remote turned off when doing this

Can’t even seem to be pair my