Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New D2 Update? But its too hot pan the east coast to detect

Yeah, going to have to have the RC and WS6 both on the same version before they'll pair.
The WS6 can be a challenge to get it to the update screen. You have to be real careful when scrolling through the menu, using the bottom left button, especially with the short press, and the long press, to get you there. If you mess up, it will kick you back to the main screen to where it shows it charging, and you'll have to start over. I went through that a few times until I finally got it right.

I know this is a no brainer, but when you have the update screen open on your computer, say you chose your RC to update first and when completed, make sure you go back up to the top of your screen and select what your updating next, so you'll have to manually change your Tab at the top from the remote to whatever you're updating next, WS6, etc.
Carefully follow the instructions as you progress from 1,2,3, ect. The picture on your computer screen should be the same as what you're seeing on the WS6. That bottom left button can be tricky, but as long as what you see on the screen of the device your updating matches the illustration on the computer screen, you should be good to go. If something messes up, you can always go back a few steps to make sure of something, or even start over.
Also, make sure your WS6 is fully charged as well before the update.

I sure think I've been following the instructions carefully but obviously I'm doing something wrong. I'll keep trying. After updating the rc is it necessary to update it again if you come back later to just update the WS6? Thanks for all the input!

If everything goes smoothly when updating the RC then there's no reason to have to do it twice. I updated mine twice because the progress bar got a little glitchy when I was doing it, so I just did it again, and the progress bar for removing the firmware and installing the new 2.0 went very smooth, and I was good to go.
I had to try with the WS6 a few times because the bottom left button, short and long press to get to the update screen took a few tries, but when I finally got it, it updated perfectly. The button is really picky, and yes, it did kick me back to the home screen to where it just showed it charging, so I had to do it again, but once I got the update screen, I just went slowly and it updated perfectly and paired to the remote. Sorry you're having problems. I know it can get frustrating. I did make an account, and it seemed to make things easier.

Update the update. Well..... Not sure if I was using the single lead from my Deus 1 or another stray lead but I found another single in my stash and it worked instantly. Yay!! back in business. Thanks for all the help

That's great. I forget about that one, yeah, you have to use a data cable, and not a charging cable. Unfortunately, they both look alike. Easy to get those mixed up. Every time you buy something you get a cable. I have a whole bag of them.

Does everything need updating including the headsets as in the previous update?
Are certain browsers and operating systems required,
And any issues with the update process on this one?
Lastly where is the best directions for 2.0
Sorry for all the questions, seems every update they do requires doing it differently and gets confusing.
I don’t know why all the updates couldn’t be uniform and done on any modern computer
Anyone’s help is greatly appreciated
Suncoast Kid has great points, as a jewelry hunter especially for gold Im hoping 2.0 is an improvement. Unless you have gold jewelry teat gardens I would think it would be very hard to determine if it really makes a noticeable difference. Be great to hear from anyone who has really noticed.
I think the heat this summer has effected many detecting hope everyone gets relief soon and gets back into the groove

Basically, same as it's always been, you're nickels, pull tabs, and certain size and shapes of aluminum can slaw, and foil, etc. are still going to sound like and have the same conductivity as your gold rings and jewelry. Larger gold coins will still have that soft, round mid tone sound, but just higher on the Conductivity scale.
I guess it will be that way until a newer Technology comes out. I think we've done all we can, and have hit the ceiling with the current VLF Technology.
As always, someone in a younger generation will come up with something mind blowing. I hope I live long enough to see it, but could only imagine the price tag.

DigDog, to get back to your question, just the RC and the headset need to be updated for the new V2. 0. Need to do both or they won't pair. I guess the MI6 pinpointer still pairs with no problems from what I hear.
I also found it easier to have an XP account with your email and a password. It takes you right to the update, and with an account they'll give you a heads up on what's going on. I'm sure they'll be another update soon because there's still some bugs they're working on. I'm holding off on loading my custom programs until the smoke clears. Just too much time to keep doing it over and over again. I haven't had a chance to even use it yet since updating it. I'm sort of just holding off for the next update, and have just been too busy.