Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New DD coil for Whites XLT?

straker

Appears NEL recently made a 'Sharp Shooter' coil for the Whites 6.59 khz XLT. This might open some new possibilities.
NEL also lists a smaller circular DD 'Sharp' coil for the XLT.

Flintstone said:
The only DD coil for 6.59 was the Big Foot coil. I have one if you want to see it.

Nope there is one on the whites web site you purchase right now.

Couldn't care less, concentric coils rule for my 6.59 kHz White's or my Tesoro machines .......my opinion, yours may vary.

Apparently no one here thinks that a DD will be better in trashy environs? I also like concentric coils,but feel that in order to stay competitive(find goodies in trash)...one must explore possibilities. I know about the Bigfoot coil,but would like to try something smaller. I also know of the DD Shooter coil. I just something in between both older DD coils mentioned.

I'LL vote for you to be a beta tester for the NEL coil. When I had the XLT many moons ago, I used the little Blue Max 350 'Snooper' coil, which is a concentric design. I got pretty good depth with it when I goosed up the P.A.G. and AC Sensitivity.

Edit to say: The Blue Max 350 coil is 4½" in diameter and does not like rusty crimp style bottle caps, I found a Barber half in a sea of bottle caps once , the bottle caps would break up when re swept at a slow sweep speed. I think you would like this coil if you could find one for sale on the used market.

Thanks for the tip! I just got an older snooper coil for my Mark 1 LTD. I'll be on the look out for a modern snooper coil for my eagle spectrum slim line. I forgot that most single frequency VLF brand metal detectors DD coils don't discriminate well.

I've tried DD coils with an XLT, they never had good depth and lost some sensitivity. Actually, Had better performance with the older Whites blue box 5900 DI Pro series using DD coils. Currently using a Fisher F2/F4 DD elliptical coil on the older blue box 6000 DI, good depth and super DD coverage.

NEL coils are kind of on the heavy side, thick heavy coil and thick cables. That's my experience with them, still use them though.

Good luck,
Paul

How close is TID on blue box using f2\f4 dd coils? Adapter? Make it or can buy it somewhere?

TID is very close, older Teknetics/Bounty hunter and older blue box Whites kHz were very close. I use an adaptor, eBay has them.

The first Fisher F2/F4 DD elliptical coil plugged into the older Tekentics/bounty hunter models perfectly, later Fisher changed the F2/F4 DD elliptical coil connector on later models.

This DD coil is very light, great DD coverage and good depth for the older Whites blue box and older Teknetics/bounty hunter models. It was a 5900 DI with manual GB but recently swapped out board and lower housings making it the 6000 DI auto-trac.

However, this same DD will not have proper ID on the WHITES black box models two different kHz. Currently DD is on an order Whites 6000 DI/Processional Series auto-trac model.

Will try and post a couple of pics, had to chop them down to get the pix reduced.

Take care,
Paul

That's the best blue box mod I have seen. You do nice work. Saw a pic of a red mark 1 you did. It's amazing also. Thanks for info. Going to try find coil & adapter.

Auctally, Credit does to someone else doing the mod wish I knew who it was. I purchased this from Wayne he purchased it from the person who modified the unit.

Originally, It had a CoinMaster 5900/Di Professional Series board. Manual ground balance model, Although it operated great this particular model didn't have that extra punch later blue box models had.

Recently, A friend gave me a blue box CoinMaster 6000/Di Professional Series with Auto/Track. Had some issues, fixed the problems and its great has that extra depth I needed. So I swapped boards and lower control housing, since both boards are similar was able to retain upper housing connected to handle and just drilled out a hole for the Auto/Track toggle.

Very impressed with this older blue box 6000/Di Auto/Trac Series, has extra depth using a sensitivity control. The Fisher DD coil is a perfect fit for this older model, kHz are very close don't notice any difference's with ID.

Thanks and take care,
Paul