Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Detector for Parks, soil, and relics.. ...Equinox or Deus 2 ?

Lots of great opinions.
Thank you to all that replied.
A local pro tells me to stay away from the legend, despite a firmware fix might be on

The main firmware fix was done months ago after the detector was first released and is great now. NM is one if the best as customer service goes and is constantly doing updates to satisfy customers needs and wants. There is nothing wrong with the detector actually working.
Again for quality, performance and price hard to beat.
Weather you want to pay more for a particular name like other products is up to you.
Ive had Nikes that cost three times more and not as comfortable or hold up as well.
But that Nike symbol sure looks cool 😎

Lots of great opinions.
Thank you to all that replied.
A local pro tells me to stay away from the legend, despite a firmware fix might be on its way??
And that Minelab is coming out with another product, but no details that he is aware of yet.
Does anyone here know anything about the new Minelab?
Your local pro either hasn’t hunted with one or is very bias to another brand. There’s some guys on utube really trying to make the legend look bad. One posted a video about one feature that he said wasn’t working right. Well, come to find out he didn’t know how to operate the machine correctly and it was working just like it was supposed to. I love these so called experts getting a machine and telling us how to run it when they haven’t had it long enough to learn the machine themselves. I found a ton of coins and relics with the equinox. Had a lot of finds with the deus and some with the deus2 as well. The new manticore is probably going to be a good machine too. I’ll just say you could be ruling out the machine that fits your hunting style the best just because of one persons opinion. If you’re able to I’d sure try some out first before you buy. Good luck!

Your local pro either hasn’t hunted with one or is very bias to another brand. There’s some guys on utube really trying to make the legend look bad. One posted a video about one feature that he said wasn’t working right. Well, come to find out he didn’t know how to operate the machine correctly and it was working just like it was supposed to. I love these so called experts getting a machine and telling us how to run it when they haven’t had it long enough to learn the machine themselves. I found a ton of coins and relics with the equinox. Had a lot of finds with the deus and some with the deus2 as well. The new manticore is probably going to be a good machine too. I’ll just say you could be ruling out the machine that fits your hunting style the best just because of one persons opinion. If you’re able to I’d sure try some out first before you buy. Good luck!
To each his own on what they like.
Different people have different preferences and there is no perfect detector. Software issues can be fixed easily. Don’t get me wrong there are some ML machines I really like and are good like the excalliber and sovereign.
Every manufacturer has good detectors just like car manufactures. Some good models some not so good and all comes down to preferences. To just paint a brand with a broad brush and knock it is purely bias and wrong. Like politics.
For the money the Legend is an excellent machine.
What other detectors have the same features and performance for less money? Ask the right questions and you get crickets.
Another thing to note some of the people who knock the Legend and praise how good the Nox is usually fail to mention the inherent leaking issues with it. You will get the usual response “well I don’t plan on using it in water”
So then if they advertised the Nox as not waterproof ( which basically its not with leaking issues) for $1000 how would that change things.
Again software is easier to fix than hardware. Give the Legend a fair shot of two years where the Nox is and im sure they will have it on par for less imo. By then Ml will come out with something else to say its better at more money. Oh wait they already are. Yeah my Nox isn’t worth it for the money but my Manitore is.
Its a cheap shot to knock something that just came out for any initial bugs

if you dont want to use headphones with the legend and are concerned about speaker issues its no big deal. Just use the vibrate function, i use it all the time. The legend is built like a tank. The nox 800 is a good machine, i just prefer the legend.

if you dont want to use headphones with the legend and are concerned about speaker issues its no big deal. Just use the vibrate function, i use it all the time. The legend is built like a tank. The nox 800 is a good machine, i just prefer the legend.
Just to reiterate someone with a Nox with leaking problems will have no problem sending it in to fix but bash the Legend for a speaker problems as a bad detector.

I wish we had a local dealer where we could test and compare. But we dont.
And I havent been to a beach in many years, so no desire there.
Sounds like the Deus 2 might be my better choice, or wait for the new manticore, which i will probably do.
Thanks for everyones input.