Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Detector Pro PI Test Results

bcoop

I ordered a Detector Pro PI unit last week for an extra beach machine and I have been out in the lawn digging some targets to see how it pinpoints. Surprisingly I am able to pinpoint and dig a target pretty accurately with the 11 inch open style coil. My Garrett Pro pointer was a good helping hand though and did give a little interference.

I decided to bury some items and test the depth on this machine. I used a silver dime, clad quarter and my 10k wedding band about a size 9 and maybe 3 or 4 grams. Not sure don't have a scale handy.

These are Measured NO Exaggerated results.

10 k Wedding band. Hits hard up to 11 inches and good at 12 inches. At 13 inches there is a weaker but solid repeatable signal, it is not broken or scratchy and a definite dig me.

The silver dime and the quarter results were almost identical I don't know if I could really tell any difference between the two.

Very solid hit at 9 inches backs off quickly but there is a repeatable weak signal at 10 inches.

Now a few more weeks and I'll be able to hit the beach and try it where it is intended to be used. The only problem I'll have now is deciding which machine I should use on which particular day.

BCOOP

Gonna sure give it a shot in about 3 weeks.

BCOOP

The Headhunter PI is a very good machine... my hunting partner uses one... just bring extra batteries as it eats them fast... 4 to 7 hours before you have to replace them...

Thanks, I have PM'd Joe a few times about his use of the DP PI. I'm looking forward in trying it on the beach in a few weeks on vacation.

BCOOP

hi , off to spain from england in a couple of weeks. problem is that i can only take one machine,due to weight. do i take the at pro and risk it leaking or the older type pi pro and dig all the hair clips, welcome some suggestions. steve

At least you know it will hunt almost all the conditions you will be pitted against. Never know when a beach is sanded in, or when there is mineralization that the AT Pro can't handle. Then you are relegated to the dry sand...which could also wreak havoc on the AT Pro.

If I had to take one detector to a salt water beach, and did not know about the conditions, it would be a PI unit. At least I would know I would not miss any targets within digging distance. If there is a lot of iron in the wet sand, move out into the water. If you want to hunt the wet sand and there is a lot of iron, just dig the short, crisp signals that sound good from all angles...don't dig the double beeps ( even if you think they may be chains...if there is a lot of iron, this will eliminate a lot of the shallow, elongated targets like nails and will save you time).

Just my 2 cents.

If the AT Pro leaks, your metal detecting is finished for the trip. The PI machine is going to get the targets the AT Pro can not see. If you plan on getting in the water then the PI machine would be my choice.

Or take less clothes wash the one's you bring more often and take both machines.

BCOOP

IT was my first pulse machine the only thing I wasn't a fan of was the open coil.. then I purchased a PI PRO followed by the Dual Field... Joe does very well with his HHer PI, take your time and learn the subtle differences in the tone and you won't dig much more trash than a VLF user does... we both know are machines very well and discriminate by ear...