Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New detector what to buy

magee66

Hey All, I'm new to this hobby, but have fall in love with it and hunting almost every other day. I've been using the fast tracker and would like to step up to a higher model. I've read the forums and still very confused on what model to buy.Don't want to out class my self.Could someone come right out and tell me what machine I should get next.

HI magee66 what is it that you want your new detector to do, that your old one wont?

Good Question,and I kicked my self in the head for not giving more detail in my first post.( rookie mistake, sorry). I would like to make sure that it is a good all around detector for gold,coins, relic hunting and so on.

Hmmmm...I might suggest your next Bounty Hunter to be a Quick Draw II, or a Land Star. These machines will add some new features like...depth indication, auto-notch, variable notch, 3-tone audio feedback, and target ID display, and Manual Ground Balance...Also a no-motion ALL-Metals mode for better pinpointing...A good pinpointing probe is also a great addition to your arsenal...I use a cheap Teknetics probe, but I would not recommend it to anyone else, as it is really not worth the money in my opinion...If I had it to do again, I would have chosen a Vibra-Probe 560 or 570. check out the site below to compare detectors:

http://www.detecting.com

Hope this helps you decide,

BH-LandStar

P.S. As a final word...if your current detector is finding you what your seeking, there is no real reason to upgrade...More expensive detectors just have the bells and whistles that can make life easier, or confuse the heck out of you, depending on how they get used. I sometimes wish I had started with a detector without a display screen...I tend to pay more attention to the screen than I do the sounds the machine produces, and I feel this was a partial mistake on my part.

[quote magee66]Good Question,and I kicked my self in the head for not giving more detail in my first post.( rookie mistake, sorry). I would like to make sure that it is a good all around detector for gold,coins, relic hunting and so on.[/quote]

the two questions, i would ask myself is how much hunting i'm i going to do. then what type of hunting that i think i will be doing the most of. once you know these things than you can look for a detector to kind of match what you want to do. remember the detector can do no more, than your ability on how to use it. i say this because some buy one thinking that it will do the thinking. its a parternship, between you and the detector. it's a tool the real detector is you. learn all you can and have patience, the first thing is to keep it fun. i know i have not told you what detector, i think you can make that decision. this is all a learning process, do your homework and study whats available out there. keep yourself open, just because a detector looks like it can steer the space schuttle doesnt mean its the best detector for you. i would say if you havent had the detector you got to long then i would use it a little longer first. start experimenting with different techiques and getting information other than from the tones or displays. there are many on here that will answer your questions and give advice. good luck.and good hunting