Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Deus 2 on the way ...

Willee - Texas

I posted this to the wrong forum and have asked that it be deleted from there.
I am re-posting it here where it belongs.

Called Richard and placed my order for a new Deus 2 detector.
I honestly did not know it was a multi frequency detector as I had a Deus 1 a few years ago and it was not.
(regretted selling it soon after I did)
Hunt the salt water beaches around Corpus Christi Texas and the single freq detectors dont do as well as the multi freq machines.
Retiring later this month and plan on resuming my metal detecting activity's that were put on hold a few years ago.
So I wonder ... did MineLab lease out their multi-frequency technology or did thie patent run out.
I thought their patent was what was keeping other detector makers from doing it years ago.
A few detectors used more than one frequency and they worked well but it was not the same as the spread spectrum Minelab used.

William Lee in Corpus Christi Texas

Congratulations on your retirement! I retired in 2014. The dealer just parted out and sold my old Deus to put the monies toward the Deus 2. I have a few hours on the Deus 2 now. Got the 11" coil and MI-6 pinpointer (trying to get used this coming from a standalone Garrett pinpointer. The jury is still out). Just ordered a 9" coil as a backup for the short battery life on those long hunt days and for getting into tighter places.