Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Deus- 9" coil or 11" ?

Mtcooley

I am about to order a new XP Deus and was wondering if I should get the 9" coil or the 11" coil? I hunt in a lot of iron and wooded areas. I would like the most depth but is there a lot of difference in separation between these two coils?

11" coil

You will have to raise the reactivity on either coil to 3 in a heavily iron infested area. The 11" will get more depth while achieving similar (if not the same) target separation.
You will have a better overall experience with the 11" coil.

I would get both, Or if you can only get one get the 9" coil setup and that's due to the lighter weight much easier to swing and get in the tight places.

At first, Was not a big fan to the larger Deus coil only because my type of hunting the 9" coil is used most. But later on started hitting the areas pounded with the 9" coil and the 11" coil found a few more finds, So now use both.

Paul (Ca)

Old California said:
I would get both, Or if you can only get one get the 9" coil setup and that's due to the lighter weight much easier to swing and get in the tight places.

Are you talking about the 11x13" coil as far as being heavier and harder to swing etc.?

The 11" coil vs. the 9" coil is so neglagable in weight from I saw I could not imagine you could tell the difference in weight with only that small of difference.

Here is the weights of the coils .....

9" coil with cover weighs 450 grs - 0.99 lbs
11" coil with cover weighs 465 grs - 1.02 lbs
11X13 coil with cover weighs 670 grs - 1.5 lbs

Between the 9" coil and 11" coil your talking 1/2 and ounce difference .... no way your gonna notice that.

Maybe my info is wrong as I got elsewhere but I doubt it and if it is right the 9" anc 11" coil are basically alomst identical in weight.

Now the large 11x13" coil is a difference story ... your talking 1/2 a pound extra which in the big schem of things is not much but would be enough to notice the weight difference and maybe swing a little harder. But you are right about tight places, the extra 2" in circumfurnace makes it harder for tiny yards etc. but still not bad at all as most standard size coils are the 10-11" size.