Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Deus arrives tomorrow!

Mtcooley

I hunted with a minelab etrac for a while, but needed a better machine in heavy iron. I heard a lot of good things about the Deus and decided to order one.

Yep a great machine for sure!

Congrats!

What did you order ws4 or 5 coil? remote?

Jim

Yeah true, I got the same thing then bought a pair of CP6 and love them....My lil ones did not fit my head right and hurt...LOL I am sensitive!

Plus the full HS cuts noise greatly......

DId you get the 8 or 11" coil?

Jim

I got the 9" coil. I hunt a lot of high iron spots. I kind of wish I would of got the 11". What is the difference in depth between the two?

You picked perhaps the perfect machine to complement the E-Trac. They're both very good, but each one excels at what the other struggles at. In a perfect world, everyone would own one of each. (Or maybe the CTX instead of the E-Trac. Never owned one, never used one, but I hear good things about it.)

As for depth, the 11" should go deeper, but maybe not as much as one might initially believe. [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uh09UtN7YOE[/video]

Air tests =/=ground tests, but it's hard to ignore. I went 11" myself, for the additional coverage if for no other reason.