Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Deus Member

issombeituni

Hey guys,

Recently a Etrac user but due to a shoulder injury the doc ordered me to get a lighter machine.
this year with the etrac found a total 40ish silver sinc feb and endless wheats. i am from north west indiana and cant wait to wrangle this machine. I have acess to Lake michigan and looking to do a bit of water hunting.

I be picking everyones brain here.

I am getting a 2hr lesson on the xp when i get it sunday from the previous owner.

I read the manual 2 times and getting andys book with the machine aswell.

1) what stumped you when u first got ur machine?
2) havent even started looking for programs or pdfs any place u suggest
3) cases for the xp waterproof cases?
4) buy a water antenna or use coax? also the deepest i would be is off shore 2 feet water if that
5) any first time user pointers

thanks guys in advanced

Welcome to the board! I recommend some of Henrik's videos and a few others on YouTube...

The following vid is worth its weight in gold if you're starting out and trying to figure out ground balancing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjuANf3J3yg

Also, coming from an Etrac you may find that Full tones is easier to get accustomed to rather than 3, 4, or 5 tone audio but the cool thing is - if you don't like what you hear you can program the Deus from one end to the other and change it to your liking!!! Basic factory programs work extremely well out of the box, like Basic 1, Basic 2 (more sensitive), and Deus Fast (iron-trash areas)

Expect the silver to continue to pour in...you won't be disappointed :beers: