Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Deus Owner

Bill W.

I recently bought the Deus and probably have less than 20 hours on it. So far, I've found 3 Mercs, 4 IHs and probably 10 or so wheaties. Several of the deep coins were completely on edge. One of the Mercs was just a 1/4 inch under 9 inches. One of the other Mercs was up against a pulltab. I had 60-67 in 12 khz notched out so I heard the coin. The IH that I dug today was about 3 inches deep and had 4 rusty nails in the hole with it. I am pretty happy with the Deus because all of these finds are from a park that I have hunted very hard with several machines. One very specific area I spent a lot of time in with my original Explorer because I've dug seated coins from that area. The Deus managed a Merc and two IHs from that area. One thing I have noticed is that pulltabs with iron really close tend to pull up into the IH area. My Explorer did the same thing but came thru as more of a iffy signal than the Deus does. But, I also realize that I have thousands of hours (seriously!) on the Explorer and not many on the Deus. I'm not complaining but it's more of an observation. I'm definitely impressed and looking to get more swinging time with the Deus. It's been really dry here in PA. I'm looking forward to see if the Deus goes even deeper when it's not so dry. It's like a swiss army knife with all of its configuration options.

-Bill

Are you running custom programs or the preset? I love my deus but im a relic hunter and it just picks thru iron better than amything ive seen.

I'm using a custom program. I'm basically turning the reactivity to 3 or 4 and running the disc up to knock out some iron. It's so sensitive that the constant hits from iron can be a distraction. I do like to hear my iron though. It does do great in iron. I have the sensitivity down to 80-82. Silencer on 0 or 1.

-Bill

Thanks! I'm learning the Deus little by little. I'm really starting to figure out how to run the Deus in my area. I dug 7 wheaties close to 9 inches today and another wheatie at about 7 1/2 on edge. I came home impressed. All of the wheaties had patina caked on them. So, they've been there a long time. I can wait to get to some of the really old sites I have that have produced in the past.

-Bill

it will shine there use Garys cold program for thick iron and your results will be good!