Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Deus recieved.

corvair

Well I traded my Fisher F75 Ltd for a new Deus. I got the WS5 headphones and the 9 inch coil. All appears to function normally, only have one complaint: out of the box the controller unit display is shifted to the left just a little and is apparent with the display turned on. As picky as I am and what I had to pay it's being sent to the Service center for repair or replacement. Other than that I am happy with the unit. Can't wait to get out to an old site.

Congratulations on the new Deus!

Without seeing a photo, I'm not sure what the issue is...are the margins of the display, when it's on, shifted so the side of the data is obstructed? Or is it just off-center? Maybe that's something a technician can talk you through over the phone to repair it? Regardless, if you do have to send it back, ask them to send your replacement right away and upon receipt, you'll ship the defective item back to them--that way you can still get out and hunt (if your weather allows it now) while you wait for the replacement. That's what I did with my headphones when I first got my machine--Michael at XP in Massachusetts was very helpful.

beepsilver said:
Congratulations on the new Deus!

Without seeing a photo, I'm not sure what the issue is...are the margins of the display, when it's on, shifted so the side of the data is obstructed? Or is it just off-center? Maybe that's something a technician can talk you through over the phone to repair it? Regardless, if you do have to send it back, ask them to send your replacement right away and upon receipt, you'll ship the defective item back to them--that way you can still get out and hunt (if your weather allows it now) while you wait for the replacement. That's what I did with my headphones when I first got my machine--Michael at XP in Massachusetts was very helpful.

beepsilver,

I am an electronics technician by trade and it appears that the LCD panel shifted slightly causing the turned on display to appear tilted left. If you measured the gap on the bottom left corner and compared it to the bottom right there would be maybe 1/32 of an inch of tilt. You can definitely tell the turned on display is tilted. At any rate thanks for the tips on getting a replacement or possibly a loaner. I still have the headphones I could use without the controller or I could take my V3i out while waiting. The weather here in Indiana is really starting out cold but the ground did thaw out enough I could go out.

I will be calling the service center tomorrow to see how they want to handle this.

Copy that Corvair--best of luck on getting the issue resolved!

Congrats and sorry to hear, maybe call your dealer and have him swap it out so they cross in the mail to save time?

Jim

Sorry to hear of the slight offset display! That really blows because I am like you...........a little obsessive compulsive for sure. But I hear they have a great CS and that is a plus. Gives you time to read up on the Deus instructions and maybe Andy's book if you bought it too.

Enjoy!

Use your headphoes to hunt with while your unit is in service

Ditto Corvair, I wouldn't tolerate that either.
Hope it's the only and end of your troubles with your new acquisition.
If brand new, you should have received a prepaid shipper. I know that Detector electronics will send you something to offset your shipping costs if you ask.
I have nothing but great things to say about their service.

Well I contacted Detector Electronics yesterday and spoke to Mike. He is setting up a new controller with my serial number so that it "talks" to the coil,headphones and was shipping that right out. He also was having UPS pick up the defective controller and them slapping a shipping label on the box to return it. Excellant service, no questions asked and no out of pocket expense for me. I'll keep you all posted on the delivery and pick up.
The only time I have gotten service this good was through Whites Oregon Service center and I label them as the Gold Standard.
Hopefully this helps some that are "on the fence" buying this detector with it being manufactured in Europe.

Cant wait to get out and give her the rundown.:detecting: