Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Deus User HELP?

mcb613

Lifelong ML user, gonnactry the Deus. I bought a Deus Lite config and wanted to ask for a little wuick start help. I hubt mostly on old farmsteads. Any particular program to try and thenlowdown on the frequency options.
Appreciate any help.
Thanks

I hunt in Audio around 5, sometimes 6 to hear the deepies.
TX around 1 to 2
Disc 6 to 10, under DISC is "EXPERT". Hit that. I usually hunt in 5 tones. Some like Full Tones.
SENS to where it is stable.
FREQUENCY 8 or 11
IRON VOLUME 0 (zero)
REACTIVITY 1. Some like 2.5 if you are in iron nails and trash. If no trash, I'd do REACTIVITY 0 (zero). The lower the reactivity the deeper it goes.
Under REACTIVITY is "EXPERT". I set my silencer at -1

Some here may have different settings depending on the soil they detect in. No one setting is perfect in every soil in every state.
If you have a coin garden, test your settings in your soil.

Tjsnks Tony! I think the Deis Lite doesnt have access to all the setting you referenced. I did watch a youtube and the Deus rep was instructing the user not to use the silencer, I think???
Maybe it was a notch that was refered to.
Anyway I appreciate your offerings.
Im gonna try it in the morning at a spot I worked hard with 3030.
Im thinking I wont have any easy targets that the CTX didnt find, but probably more of iffy type that just sound different.
Not expecting any miracles, but gonna see if the Deus is different enough to find some keepers.

mcb613 said:
Tjsnks Tony! I think the Deis Lite doesnt have access to all the setting you referenced. I did watch a youtube and the Deus rep was instructing the user not to use the silencer, I think???
Maybe it was a notch that was refered to.
Anyway I appreciate your offerings.
Im gonna try it in the morning at a spot I worked hard with 3030.
Im thinking I wont have any easy targets that the CTX didnt find, but probably more of iffy type that just sound different.
Not expecting any miracles, but gonna see if the Deus is different enough to find some keepers.

The more trash, the higher the Reactivity to hit coins next to iron. Just remember, when you adjust reactivity to hit expert and keep silencer at -1 if you are able to.
Also remember the higher the Reactivity the more you lose depth.

The deus lite has great programs without the expert settings. Try number 9 hot program uses full tones. I adjust the disc to a setting of -4 instead of -6.4 and turn the sensitivity up to 93. If it is too busy for you, turn the disc up to 1 or 2 and it will knock out more chatter.#6 is a great program for deeper targets.#3 for trashier sites, #9 for iron infested sites., #6 for sparse targets.

Thanks Bib, thats the kind of headstart help I was looking for.
Why not get a little help... not like Im a newbie that needs to pay my dues. I started out with a $15 Radio Shack Christmas present, some 40 yrs ago. I dug every signal with that thing. Never found one silver coin, but sure loved it.
Thanks again!

What can be said aboit thevfrequency settings? ML puts them all out there, so not use to dealing with that.
Thx

You will find higher frequency settings are quieter for EMI chatter. I don't have a lot of knowledge for I am pretty new to the Deus as well but hopefully someone will chime in soon

bibelot said:
The deus lite has great programs without the expert settings. Try number 9 hot program uses full tones. I adjust the disc to a setting of -4 instead of -6.4 and turn the sensitivity up to 93. If it is too busy for you, turn the disc up to 1 or 2 and it will knock out more chatter.#6 is a great program for deeper targets.#3 for trashier sites, #9 for iron infested sites., #6 for sparse targets.

I didn't know the light version doesn't have the Expert settings. I couldn't live without mine.

mcb613 said:
Thanks Bib, thats the kind of headstart help I was looking for.
Why not get a little help... not like Im a newbie that needs to pay my dues. I started out with a $15 Radio Shack Christmas present, some 40 yrs ago. I dug every signal with that thing. Never found one silver coin, but sure loved it.
Thanks again!

I wonder if there is a metal detecting club in your area where someone can take you out and show you important things about your Deus to shorten your learning curve?

Thete are a. Couple clubs here. However, from what I hear its basically a show off each month of finds and stories that may not be true. Seems detectorists around here are very private with their info and protective of thier spots.
All this os based on what I have heard. I have never actually belonged to a detecting club.
This forum is my club though and all of the camaraderie is awesome.
Thanks guys for the helpful info.
If passing through Delaware in your travels, look me up, if able, I host a hunt for you.
Thanks,
Mike

The lite is a nice starting point but just remember your not gonna have the full potential of the deus in your hands. I'm no good on advice for presets as I have never used them. The deus will find targets that the ctx missed ,you might be suprized.

Well, I here with this mornings report. All high tones turned up iron, just like the CTX. I did find a wheat and silver nickle in the same hole that Im dure I passed with the CTX.
I used very little disc and high sens on P9. Im use to tone hunting from my Excalibur. I think this machine could puck some keepers out of trashy sites, but dont think its any better in open ground.
I do like the light weight though.
So I guess Im un-impressed, but it is only first hunr.
Thanks for the tips guys.

Ive got two people around me who made the same mistake, I bought one and learned it and one sold theirs and had to rebuy one after he saw what is was really capable of. The other guy was about to sell his and I talked him out off it and now he has laid his etrac down. I will say this the deus is a performer byt the presets restrict it alot of times and with out the remote your kinda limited to as what you can do. Find someone near by with one if possible to get some custom programs. Have you watched garys expert traing videos?? The deus isnt any harder to learn than the ctx ,

Cal, I mearlt reported my findings and my initial opinion, so I actually did take exception to your comment. Its all in the words one uses.
Like I said, Im a seasoned detectorist and surely get the learning part. However, not being new, I also know what to expect... no miracles, and no refreshed site. I think its really a matter of being skilled with any of the top line detectors. Not saying the Deus wont pick a few more targets out, but no real game changer in my opinion.

Thanks,
Mike

I didnt mean anything by it just didnt want you to make same mistake as my friends. Being a seasoned detectorists you will get it figured out. I think learning curve is around ctx level.

mcb613 said:
Well, I here with this mornings report. All high tones turned up iron, just like the CTX. I did find a wheat and silver nickle in the same hole that Im dure I passed with the CTX.
I used very little disc and high sens on P9. Im use to tone hunting from my Excalibur. I think this machine could puck some keepers out of trashy sites, but dont think its any better in open ground.
I do like the light weight though.
So I guess Im un-impressed, but it is only first hunr.
Thanks for the tips guys.
My CTX sits idle while I seem to always grab the Deus but now I have the Deus with remote added to the Deus lite .It will find coins on edge better than the CTX and maybe you should try using #6 program for open ground rather than the hot program if you've already hunted it with the CTX.I think it will do a little better for you. It is quite a task to expect a $700 machine to outperform a $2400 machine but not everyone comes from the CTX like we did. The XP tutorials are very informative, listen to the signals that he digs. They are rather different than the CTX, you will not dig much iron after you realize what nuances in the signal to look for.