Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Deus user

ronnw69

Hello everyone, just got the WS4 in the mail today, any advise for a new Deus user? Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

Grats on a great new machine.

I'd suggest start using the Basic 1 program. Don't get carried away making a lot of adjustments until you know what they do.

I would also suggest using Basic1 as a starting point,must admit i do use that prog most of the time,if i am on say a trashy roman site then i would use Deus Fast or if i am on pasture and want to gain some extra depth then Relic mode does me just fine and dandy.

Once you get a a few hours on the clock then by all means try a few setting changes but dont just alter them because you can.

Ill make it a hat trick and say to start with basic 1 for awhile.. The preset programs are very good, I use deus fast and gmpower most of the time with only very minor tweaks..

dan

Buy the Andy Sabisch book. I read and studied it before buying my XP Deus. I have found close to 50 Civil War bullets in "hunted out" spots; some of them were over 12" deep. I haven't used any of the standard programs. So, if you want to get up to speed, get the book.

My recommendation is to start with full tones on whatever program you decide on. Stay with it until it makes sense. I'm not saying that using a limited number of tones or customizing tones is a bad thing, but it'll require more setup--and as with any machine, the more you use it, the quicker your knowledge will come. Do lots of air testing as well. Good luck!

Thanks everyone for the advice and i have already ordered Andy's book, should be here today. Hh