Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New deus version opinion

brianfloyd

Any thoughts on this, I posted this on my other favorite site as well.
Any opinions on this set up improving coin/ relic hunting. I have very little gold interest (nugget wise) sure I love rings and would love a gold.coin but I'm not beach or nuggett hunting. If the frequencies are 10,20,30 and 40 khz wouldn't the 10 and 20 still be in the very effective range for coin and relic hunting not to mention the smaller coil. Any thoughts on this being effective other than what it appears to be marketed toward. Love to hear some thoughts on this.

I'm sure to be told I'm wrong but I hunt in 8 and 12 all the time and do very well.Really. I hunt in 12 and 18 when I'm in England. I think the new frequencies will be no problem.

The 10 and 20 khz would be useable for coins, 30 and 40 more so for Gold coins,raw gold(nuggets) and Gold jewelry. probably good tool for tot lot Gold hunters, beach hunters and Gold prospecting. I use 12 and 18 most of the time now. I'm not sure about relics but all the new frequencies might be OK for that? The new coil will most likely allow detecting in tighter spots such as nugget rich environments and trashy areas like tot lots. Just my perception of what I see.

I'm with Todd on this one and stick to the lower frequencies, they should be deeper too
longer waves penetrate deeper...
There's a reason all the early detectors were designed around these frequencies for 20 or
30 years and why gold detectors were built around the higher freqs up to 72 for one of the best
small nugget machines currently in production
But this new Deus coil has a brand new radical design and it'll be interesting to see how it
does...
We won't get to use the new higher freqs on the old coils but the rest of the upgrades were
specific to improving the old coils.... time will tell

We won't get to use the new higher freqs on the old coils but the rest of the upgrades were
specific to improving the old coils.... time will tell[/quote]

What do "the rest of the upgrades" amount to or is this just more unfounded speculation?

Its been confirmed that V4 will allow for direct connect to a smartphone with Go Detect to plot find points etc, as I posted earlier this is a neat feature but in my opinion of little practical use, consumer grade GPS is accurate to 3-5 meters, 9-15 feet that's a pretty big circle for a find point 2 or 3 inches would be ok 15 feet really is not, might be ok to plot hot spots. I have tried both GPS Essentials & Go Detect on my Sony with the same results about 10 feet not really good enough in my opinion for a find point, this was tested in my driveway I will try it out in a field when I have time to see if it makes a difference but I am not hopeful.

*************** translated from French ******************
And most important, management of new accessories and new menus ... We see it in more ...
XP DEUS V4, Smartphone and Go Detect.
application go detect

This is a very important novelty that just announced XP and surely the most interesting off accessories. Version 4 of the XP DEUS program can beings connected to a smartphone allowing you a lot of possibilities ...

For starters, you can drive your sensor from your smartphone. Very interesting to have a faster interface, color and offering more visual. Then you can save data directly to the application Go Detect , share, manage, etc. It will be possible to give precise indications to the archaeologists by creating your own database with all the information needed to archive your findings. Very heavy in perspective. XP takes special care to use new technology and so much the better! That will bring only positive.

Its also been confirmed a new pinpointer, rechargable that will link into the deus headphones.

****************** Translated from French ******************

I must say that many of us expect this accessory to be connected to the XP DEUS. This Pinpointer as the last XP products, will bring a lot of revolutions. Controllable from the remote control or from a smartphone, sound directly into the wireless headset, several settings, built-in battery and it seems he will propose several small enough nice things I can not tell you yet. What is certain is that this new accessory will make noise!
pinpointer xp deus V4

Other things noted but not confirmed:

New reaction function
New tools menu
New function for searching the beach and in salt water.

Deus have told me summer this year, keeping fingers crossed for spring

All the Best
DFB

I can say this with certainty.

Anyone for example who is hunting in heavy nails or iron-- if you are not running 18 kHz freq, you are leaving nonferrous finds in the ground.

This doesn't mean you can't hunt these types of sites and make finds--but it would be very possible for a $1 gold coin to actually be detectable using 18 kHz and not with any of the lower freqs.

The only upgrade I am certain of was one I put on the "request List" when they were looking for
input last year and that was to be able to "Bias" the tracking mode on GB and it was added
as I was told at the Bootcamp I attended.....
They did listen to us as Alain told us in the Video Chat....
They just didn't go into any specifics on all the upgrades, but I'm certain it will be a much better machine

And for squirrel1 I have found numerous gold rings including a tiny little thing with less than a quarter
of the mass of a $1 gold coin using the lower frequencies...
and your are talking gold which has always responded better to the higher freqs, but if you are using
18k you can bet you are leaving bigger coins behind

It was also hitting on tiny raw gold in AZ when I was prospecting at lower frequencies as I tested it
several times....

What's with all this negative crap anyway this has proven to be the most versatile machine out there
in my experience and I've put it through the paces...prospecting, relic hunting, parks and tot-lots and
now I'm beach hunting both wet and dry and it has run flawless in every catagory....

In a separatio pin and or unmasking scenario--- 18 kHz will do things the other freqs can"t.

Sure some targets can be seen with lower freqs out in the open.

They also took the auto Silencer adjustment and made it manual....
so no more changes with the Reactive adjustment...
there is much to look forward to, I'm just waiting for the upgrade to
come out before attending another Bootcamp....