Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Deus

Albert

I just ordered a new Deus with the 9.5 hf coil. Question. I hunt mostly parks and they are full of trash. Any settings or tips that anyone might suggest or mods to the preset programs that might help me in these sites? Thank you for all your help . HH . Albert

Well basic one will give you the most discrimination its a great first program I use mostly GM power and Deus fast and I do real well with silver I tweak those programs a bit and Im also using the LF 9" coil..

Welcome to the Deus club. I have only a little experience with the Deus myself and can only tell you what has worked for me in the beginning keep it simple basic 1 program go ahead and notch out the pesky junk for your area and as you get used to the machine take away some notch a little at a time don't go crazy with other peoples programs pick what tone set up works for you 2/3/4/5 tones or full and stick with it to learn try and avoid all of the scrolling from program to program/settings. I have found it VERY important to get a proper manual ground balance and sensitivity set up (first thing at every site). Less truly is more with the Deus keep it simple, dig everything that you reasonably can at first, don't get carried away with programs and settings, the loud beeps will be obvious listen for and (listen to) the softer signals. even though the Deus is super fast go slow and listen carefully. Happy Hunting

I found when I first started out I hunted the Tot Lots.
They have most all of the targets that you come across in a park.
Just not as much trash.
Get used to the tones and then move on to the grass.
Drag back on the high tones and if they grunt it's a cap.
Good luck and Happy Hunting.
I know you will like the Deus

Thanks guys I appreciate all your insights tips knowledge, please keep them coming . I hope the learning curb isn’t to steep . Coming from a whites m-6 which is super easy to set up , I am hopefully that the Deus won’t give me too much of a headache to try and learn it with all those adjustments. Thanks

Albert said:
Thanks guys I appreciate all your insights tips knowledge, please keep them coming . I hope the learning curb isn’t to steep . Coming from a whites m-6 which is super easy to set up , I am hopefully that the Deus won’t give me too much of a headache to try and learn it with( all those adjustments). Thanks
Albert you are looking at it wrong when you say all of those adjustments. all of those adjustments should only be used if you need to not just because you can. you will see that small adjustments in certain settings really make the Deus come alive. I am a firm believer taking the time turn the machine on properly and make sure you ground balance in a clean spot. I promise if you pick a basic go to set up after you decide what tones you like and stick with it for a while you will love the Deus. most important go digging as much as you can. good luck

It can be used as a switch and go detector which is the way I started with mine 8 years ago.

Deus Fast is very popular as a starting programme.:thumbup:

Happy Hunting,

Jerry.

JBM1 said:
It can be used as a switch and go detector which is the way I started with mine 8 years ago.

Deus Fast is very popular as a starting programme.:thumbup:

Happy Hunting,

Jerry.
I use Deus fast almost all the time and run it straight no ground balance sensitivity stock settings it works great for me and it is a very deep machine!