Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New digger.

HanoverDigger

Saw it YouTube and decided to get one and see what it can do in some woods digging. I'll still take my regular shovel. Anybody here use one? Thoughts? Thanks for looking. Good luck hunting.

Attachments

• IMG_20240123_105331639~2.jpg
    IMG_20240123_105331639~2.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 62
  • IMG_20240123_105159415.jpg
    IMG_20240123_105159415.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 69
  • IMG_20240123_111741303~2.jpg
    IMG_20240123_111741303~2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 65
Thanks for the replies fellas. Looks like I made a good choice. Had a chance to break it in today but other commitments took priority. Maybe tomorrow though. Good luck hunting.

Took it out Wednesday for some digging. It did ok but won't be replacing the Piranha for hunting in the woods as far as digging the initial plug, but liked the amount of dirt it scoops out after that . I like the way it handles digging plugs in the yard we hunted. Found these in the Cold Harbor battlefield area. Thanks for looking. Good luck hunting.

Attachments

• IMG_20240124_184738363.jpg
    IMG_20240124_184738363.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 25
Took it out Wednesday for some digging. It did ok but won't be replacing the Piranha for hunting in the woods as far as digging the initial plug, but liked the amount of dirt it scoops out after that . I like the way it handles digging plugs in the yard we hunted. Found these in the Cold Harbor battlefield area. Thanks for looking. Good luck hunting.
Nice finds!!
I bought one of those Piranha shovels a couple months ago, but have not used it yet… I think I will like it though.

Nice finds!!
I bought one of those Piranha shovels a couple months ago, but have not used it yet… I think I will like it though.
Thanks. I think you'll really like it. I've been using since it first came out. My old army shovel has since been retired, only drawback is that I could carry it in a carpenter hammer holder, and switch hands while detecting, as with the Piranha I have to carry/drag it in one hand, which is ok. Tried the shovel holder thingy but that broke. Good luck hunting.

Nice CW lead. That Gardner bullet must have been fired at one of the "Butcher's" boys at Cold Harbor. Well Done.
Thanks. These were found just on the outer Cold Harbor battle lines. Just east of Mechanicsville. Earthworks and rifle pits are still visible even in these built up areas. We got lucky and got permission at a place of worship. The fellow there was really nice and said have fun. There's at least 3-4 acres to hunt. He's had others come by to hunt also, but they didn't get it all. I believe some stuff is still there. These bullets had some serious depth...Deus2 w/ 13" coil . The road in front was the separating line between Yankee and Confederate forces. We'll be going again. Good luck hunting.

Normally if I am using my Raptor tool, I just hold it in my hand while detecting and I have my Lesche digger on my belt.
If using a shovel, I just hold it too and use my Lesche tool after digging the plug.
One thing I did is buy a small section of rubber hose and attach it to the shovel shaft to keep my hand from getting cold from the steel while carrying it. It really makes a difference.

Nice finds (y), and yes, the Raptor handles dirt really well :cool:.
Normally if I am using my Raptor tool, I just hold it in my hand while detecting and I have my Lesche digger on my belt.
If using a shovel, I just hold it too and use my Lesche tool after digging the plug.
One thing I did is buy a small section of rubber hose and attach it to the shovel shaft to keep my hand from getting cold from the steel while carrying it. It really makes a difference.
Wow, great idea :super:.

Thanks. These were found just on the outer Cold Harbor battle lines. Just east of Mechanicsville. Earthworks and rifle pits are still visible even in these built up areas. We got lucky and got permission at a place of worship. The fellow there was really nice and said have fun. There's at least 3-4 acres to hunt. He's had others come by to hunt also, but they didn't get it all. I believe some stuff is still there. These bullets had some serious depth...Deus2 w/ 13" coil . The road in front was the separating line between Yankee and Confederate forces. We'll be going again. Good luck hunting.
HanoverDigger, Continued Success to you in your return trip and hunt.