Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Etrac and first 2 silver day ever!

Ohio Digger

I finally got out for more than a 20 minute hunt since getting my Etrac on Wednesday. Headed to a pavilion area of the park that I've hunted numerous times as well as at least 2 other MDer's that I think may live in the pavilion (they're there every time I even drive by!). I tried an area I had been over with the DFX a few weeks ago right where the cars park in the lot. I couldn't find much with the DFX because of the ridiculous amounts of trash. I was running the Etrac in stock Coin with Auto +3. Set up with Goes4ever's audio. I kept thinking to myself how he and others say silver sings out with those settings. I figured "OK, we'll see." When I first started swinging I kept looking at the screen and it was driving me nuts so I decided to just listen. I was there a good hour and hit a real nice flutey sound. I looked down at the screen and thought "Well that's a new sound". The numbers were 11-38 I think. I don't even remember, but the sound was something of actual beauty! I dug down about 5", turned the plug over and bingo! A '46D Rosie. After checking that area I walked to the other side of the lot and got that sound again. This time about 4" out comes a '52D Rosie! I had only dug 3 silvers this year. Today I got 2 more. I also dug a clip on earring that says Sterling. I'm counting that as silver, so I guess that's actually 3 for the day. I didn't think it was a half bad day for only 3 hours and first time out for real.

you done quite well. congrats. keep up the good finds

Nice finds, looks like that new Etrac is a keeper! :thumbup:

Thanks, I'm still chasing that elusive silver quarter though. All I seem to find are silver dimes. Hopefully this Etrac will change my luck. I feel alot of the quarters have been cherry picked but now I have confidence that I can reach the deeper ones and in trashy areas that others have not been able to.