Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Explorer on the horizon?

wade tx

It's called E-TRAC, that's all I know except it's a coupla hundred dollars higher than the SE-Pro.----Wade

wade tx said:
It's called E-TRAC, that's all I know except it's a coupla hundred dollars higher than the SE-Pro.----Wade

Where did you hear about this?

Hard Nosed Dave said:
and the pattern has been for a new version of the Explorer coming out about every 3 years...

I checked here on minelabs website and there is no mention of it. A new product like this and you would figure they would start leaking it by now. I do see there though that there are recalling control boxes with serial numbers between #1000001 and #1001200 for their latest model GPX-4500. The fault is a third party component.

When you compare what they have done in other technological fields verses metal detector enhancements there is a vast chasm. In a practical sense you could swing that SE for 10-15 years and still keep up with the latest that is coming out.

Well I saw a flyer at a local minelab dealer, he had received thursday or friday of last week. Didn't get a chance to really study it but it can be hooked up to a PC. So progams can be shaired with other Explorer users, Pretty interesting, the detector is basically the same except maybe the screen appears to be a little bigger, and the control touchpads are different. We'll see.---Wade

Interface capability with a PC would be the next logical upgrade to the Explorer.

Pete

wade tx said:
Well I saw a flyer at a local minelab dealer, he had received thursday or friday of last week. Didn't get a chance to really study it but it can be hooked up to a PC. So progams can be shaired with other Explorer users, Pretty interesting, the detector is basically the same except maybe the screen appears to be a little bigger, and the control touchpads are different. We'll see.---Wade

Can you post this flyer. I am curious as to what it can do. I do not have a local minelab dealer around me.

wade tx said:
Well I saw a flyer at a local minelab dealer, he had received thursday or friday of last week. Didn't get a chance to really study it but it can be hooked up to a PC. So progams can be shaired with other Explorer users, Pretty interesting, the detector is basically the same except maybe the screen appears to be a little bigger,

That screen has been a blight for years. I hope they have listened to the consumers of their product.

and the control touchpads are different. We'll see.---Wade

What would it have taken Minelab to give us an easier to detach control box or maybe a color lcd screen(I thought this would have happened by now) or maybe with a minimal, externally accessible, rs232 or usb or maybe have blue tooth connectivity at best for pc connectivity or what have you.

Surely we aren't talking about spending up to a price that would be needed to buy a sheep/cattle station for these little add ons.

The Explorers electronics are pretty advanced BUT these little extras might just make it that little bit more.

David Di