Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Explorer SE user question :minelab:

I have had mine less than a week and have hunted and tested with it a few times. The places I search in seem to have a lot of iron or minerals in the ground as I get a lot of null in the threshold tone as I sweep the coil. I know there is a lot of iron in the ground as other machines I have had has indicated so. I have lowered the sensitivity down to 5 and used noise cancel and the nulling seems to keep on. When I slow down and just barely move coil between objects the tone comes back. I only have nails discriminated out.
Now my question is......
Running some tests while the threshold is nulling I can still pick up a ring or coin on top of the ground during the null and the smartfind won't id it as such until the threshold comes back. Can I assume that when the tone is nulled the SE will still hit on a coin, ring etc in the ground? I can hear the high tone of a coin and am wanting to make sure I am understanding the machine.
If I slowed down each sweep till the threshold came back on I would only be moving the coil an inch at the most before tone comes back.
All help is appreciated.

No assumtion to it, yes you should still pick up good targets as its recovering from a null. Which is faster than you think. As with most machine..... if you disc out a target its going to null or reduce sensitivity so you are going to loose some depth until it recovers. Sometimes if you are in Cond its going to be the sound of iron bounce from the rust or hot rock if you are running a bit too high of sensitivity. You might be better off if you are in a lot of trash just to go to auto sensitivity at about 26. A good indication that you have your sensitivity too high is there isnt any screen movement. The Explorer is one of the only machine you can almost not move it and still pick up targets which IMHO give us an advantage in the trash to pick out those good targets. In Ferr the null will go away faster. Down side, rust moves to the lower right of the screen and are still sounds that make you check your screen. Up side.... IHs sound reallllllllll good and you tend to get 4 tones. So i use Ferr on occassions especially in a field with a lot of iron. The key is to find a reason that makes you want to dig the target.

Dew