Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New F-19

KyJoe

Been looking to get the F-19 ever since I sold my Gold Bug DP. Finally got one, had a chance to use it today and it didn't disappoint. Just truly awesome. What a sleeper this little machine is.

Will do. I'll get some time in next week.

As for first impressions, it's amazing how well it handles iron in my soil. It will sift through it not giving too many annoying chirps, almost only good signals to investigate. Love the backlight, moveable notch and smaller coil but iron volume is what really sets this apart from the DP. My settings are 0 disc, V break 39 and volume 13. I own and have owned most top end detectors, it's so nice to run a machine that is this good right from the start. I like some of the new detectors with abundant settings but sometimes it's nice not having to fidget with all the adjustments.

"It will sift through it not giving too many annoying chirps". You are so right concerning the F19 in iron or general trash. Not many detectors have this steady edge in trash.

I remember someone posting a youtube vid about the F19/G2+ and mentioning that v-break should not be set past 32 for fear of missing some good targets. That's how I set mine these days after seeing the video. I'll try to find it.

Found the video. I had it bookmarked. Here the user sets the v-break at 40 and then 32. When set at 32, the audio clearly "sees" the coin on all passes. At 40, it gives out a slight chirp sometimes (nothing I would investigate myself).

https://youtu.be/pHUmIPNFp1k