Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New F-75 Question

bocash3

Howdy. Not new to metal detectors by any means, but just took possession of new Fisher F-75 Limited Edition.
I see down LEFT side of screen: Discrim, Sensitivity, Disc. Level, Notch, # of Tones, and Process #.
HOWEVER, when pressing the MENU button, ONLY the "All Metal" and other choices under it on the RIGHT side of screen are highlighted?
I was able to somehow knock out Iron 15 and Foil 25, but now not sure how I did it.
Am I missing something? PS: I've ordered 4 new detectors this past month and the F75 was the 4th. I believe it is going to take the place of my 20 year old Whites SLT Spectrum IF I can figure out some of the adjustments.
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Have gone cross-eyed from reading the manual and trying to retain everything.
THANKS to all in advance! "Bo"

Cinspader has got you going in the right direction.

Being that you are new to this machine and doing a lot button pushing and knob turning trying to figure out the machine. I would suggest you go to the bottom of page 10 in the manual and learn how to do a Reset to the detector. Until you get to the point you got the hang of the machine I would do a Reset just about every time you turn the machine on, this will clear everything you may have set. We have seen guys post that their new F75 is stupid and ready give up on it and they get the word to do a reset and they are back in business.
I would also suggest you stay on the disc (left side) while you are learning and save notches for your last item to figure out how to do, notches can be a pain. Come back to us when get there if you need help.
Good luck and you got a good machine.
Ron in WV

Howdy. Not new to metal detectors by any means, but just took possession of new Fisher F-75 Limited Edition.
I see down LEFT side of screen: Discrim, Sensitivity, Disc. Level, Notch, # of Tones, and Process #.
HOWEVER, when pressing the MENU button, ONLY the "All Metal" and other choices under it on the RIGHT side of screen are highlighted?
I was able to somehow knock out Iron 15 and Foil 25, but now not sure how I did it.
Am I missing something? PS: I've ordered 4 new detectors this past month and the F75 was the 4th. I believe it is going to take the place of my 20 year old Whites SLT Spectrum IF I can figure out some of the adjustments.
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Have gone cross-eyed from reading the manual and trying to retain everything.
I have the perfect coil for your F-75.I have a New "CORS" 9.5"X 5.5" D.D. coil I sold my F-75 and with stock 11" coil and kept the this one.For details ----glock17@suddenlink.net ---$89 will take it.

Bo, It is obvious that the first thing you ought to do is sit down with the Owner Manual, a note pad and pen or pencil and read the manual, in its entirety, from cover to cover. Take notes of things you might not understand to go back to later and learn the answer. When completed, do it all over again. I love the T-2 / F-75 platform and simplicity of adjustments, especially my F-75+. I have the stock coil in my Accessory Coil Tote and rely on the three accessory coils that work for me and where I hunt the most. I also bought a brand new 10" elliptical Concentric coil that I haven't mounted or used and should you be looking for that coil, I have it for sale.

Remember that if you nd a day or session of detecting, the F-75 will retain the mode and settings and be ready-to-go at turn-on without a need to make further adjustments, if you want to continue hunting as yo had been. As suggested, until you learn the strengths and weaknesses of the F-75 and different Processes, you might want to reset it with the factory default and take your time using it and learning it. A really terrific detector. Also, it works differently than the White's XLT and, if you have enjoyed using the XLT as I have since June of '94, the two models can complement each other in a variety of hunting applications.

Learn and enjoy the F-75 which is one of my favorite detectors in my current Detector Outfit of 10 units.

Monte

THANKS SO MUCH TO ALL!!!

Am quickly learning the F75's settings can be easily

changed by accident!!
That is what makes it so different from my other machines.

I did a Reset after following your directions and will make custom adjustments from there.

I had a top line Garrett in late 1980's but swapped it out for a new XLT later. Since fly fishing was always
number one among other hobbies, the metal detector was only casually used.

The F-75 machine is similar in function to my older Whites XLT Spectrum but a lot more static noise and very sensitive adjustments (most by accident).

My XLT was steady as a rock on pennies, dimes, and quarters. This F-75 has a learning curve.

NOT selling the XLT yet..................but need more time with the F-75.

"Dig A Holic," my other 3 new machines purchased this past month in order are:

Notka Makro Gold Racer Am learning to love this one quickly. So far, has ability to be a very friendly all-purpose machine with small gold ability.

Garrett AT Gold I think going to be a easy to use all - purpose machine. Need more time with it.

Fisher Gold Bug Pro Simple little knock-around that so far is rock solid on targets.

The F-75 came only two days ago..................................

OVERKILL??? Yes, maybe, but I'm at a point in life where I need to enjoy what is left. It is my style to
collect items to use in many hobbies. Spinal cord damage due to a staph infection has drastically changed abilities to crawl
on hands and knees up small rough trout stream gorges with fly rod in hand. In fact, I am 65% paralyzed below the waist
with no hope of nerves re-building. Four hospitals and 11 months of rehab is the only reason I can walk, but THANKFUL for it!!
A renewed interest in using metal detectors is helping to make a "new normal" for this old geezer.

OK, why so many "gold machines?" I live in the area where the first gold rush took place in early 1800's --- The South Mountains of NC. Am combining gold panning with the machines. Gives me something to do even though very painful. Takes my mind off of pain when panning or detecting. So far, my finds have included (don't laugh too much) 3 flakes of gold!!!

Thanks to all for great help!! "Bo" Cash

One thing to remember on the F75 is that the vdi works in all metal.If you can get rising target Id chances are it will be non-ferrous.

Totally agree with all the above. When I first got my F75 it was a bit daunting as the F5 had knobs that seemed to move and change your setting by just breathing on them. The F75 is way more stable in that handling it doesnt bump the knobs and then discovering you changed and now have to go back and do that 100 yards again….🤬
I bought an SEL 12x13 and a Sharpshooter coil for mine, deadly combo.

THANKS FELLERS! Y'all are the best! Forgot to share that my F-75 also came with the tiny 5" round coil. Doubt I will use it much since
the Makro Gold Racer and Gold Bug Pro already have those 5" coils mounted.

On the "Sounds" that are represented by a number and letter like "3H," etc................. Which do you prefer for good separation and ID audio?
(73 year old ears) I will use ear phones 50% of the time.

And what SENSITIVITY do most of you use most of the time in moderate mineralized soils?

I will not be using Notch as I can see that is too messy to deal with. However, I'll knock out 15-25 most of the time and just use my XLT
experience in dealing with tabs, cans, and lids.

And Ron: Long Live West Virginia!!!

Last edited:
Forgot to share that my F-75 also came with the tiny 5" round coil.
Give it a good try, it will nicely hit 7" deep dimes in d e mode running 87 sen. Sometimes a bit more. And, it works like a laser. In heavy trash, its a killer! I typically run sen. 85-90. Much higher sometimes causes internal feed back, but some times up to 99 and 3h and 4h tones to bring the nickels into the high tone. Good luck! HH jim tn

GENTS for sale new Cors nice 9.5"x5.5" d.d. coil for f-75/f-70/tek. patriot detectors I sold my f-75/f-70 and have this nice coil left over.Will take $89 shipped.For details ---glock17@suddenlink.net.Thanks---cjm

Attachments

• P4170517.JPG
    P4170517.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 103
  • P4140502.JPG
    P4140502.JPG
    112.6 KB · Views: 106
  • P4170519.JPG
    P4170519.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 103
  • P4200520.JPG
    P4200520.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 114
As for sensitivity, I don't think there is a number that can be given to tell you what sensitivity to set the F75 at. My brother and I have been tinkering as to how to setup a machine. First of all it seems that EMI is the big killer of depth in each area we hunt in.
So we have came up with a test at each sight for each coil you want to use. Keep in mind if you want to try this you need to do it for each coil.
Put your detector on the ground for this test and have the bottom of the coil facing out along the surface of the ground. Start out with a low sensitivity number and wave a squarter in front of the coil and lay a marker on the ground in front of the coil for the detection limit. Then start up with the sensitivity with the quarter and another marker moving it out from the coil for max depth. At some point you will hit a max and any sensitivity above that point the detection depth will go down. Keep track of your sensitivity setting and go back to the sensitivity and depth for that area for your hunt. If you change coils do that all over or if you move to another location do that over.
It sounds like a big job but it can be done in just a few minutes after you get the hang of it.
My brother is running a F5 and we did the above and increased the detection depth 2.5", when I looked up at him he had a big smile on his face and new settings for his F5.
If you guess and run the sensitivity to high it will cost you depth in that area.
Just think about this, it is like driving your car in the fog with head lights on high beam the detector is blinded.
Ron in WV

As far tones settings that is pretty much an individual preference. I normally run 3H in open parks and ballfields. With my new Legend I run 6 tones, just feel more comfortable.

As for sensitivity, I don't think there is a number that can be given to tell you what sensitivity to set the F75 at. My brother and I have been tinkering as to how to setup a machine. First of all it seems that EMI is the big killer of depth in each area we hunt in.
So we have came up with a test at each sight for each coil you want to use. Keep in mind if you want to try this you need to do it for each coil.
Put your detector on the ground for this test and have the bottom of the coil facing out along the surface of the ground. Start out with a low sensitivity number and wave a squarter in front of the coil and lay a marker on the ground in front of the coil for the detection limit. Then start up with the sensitivity with the quarter and another marker moving it out from the coil for max depth. At some point you will hit a max and any sensitivity above that point the detection depth will go down. Keep track of your sensitivity setting and go back to the sensitivity and depth for that area for your hunt. If you change coils do that all over or if you move to another location do that over.
It sounds like a big job but it can be done in just a few minutes after you get the hang of it.
My brother is running a F5 and we did the above and increased the detection depth 2.5", when I looked up at him he had a big smile on his face and new settings for his F5.
If you guess and run the sensitivity to high it will cost you depth in that area.
Just think about this, it is like driving your car in the fog with head lights on high beam the detector is blinded.
Ron in WV
Excellent advice.....tuning a coil to your ground/air conditions and detector. On any detector......get it ready to hunt before you hunt !

Congrats on your new detectors ,, you'll get the hang of them ,, especially with the help from these folks on here .

I've got one of them old Spectrums myself ,, I inherited it when my Dad passed away . I used it for a short while ,, it'll put a workout on your arm ,, a bit heavier than todays models .