Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New F5 found me a Barber!

REVIER

Been loving this thing, it is performing better than I hoped or expected.
Been finding clad, bullets and other targets easily in a few totally scoured sites, this is my fifth hunt and at my local, hunted out neighborhood park today it found me real treasure.
Just my first but not my last by a long shot.
The great new adventure has officially begun!

photostudio_1602204637375.jpg

That’s great REVIER, glad you’re enjoying your new machine!
Thanks!
Got this one because my F2 at 5.9kHz was super stable in my rough dirt but never very deep and my 13.5 kHz F70 had way more power and could go deeper but wasn't near as stable and quite schizophrenic with odd behavior patterns I needed to learn to get successful.
Both were very good at unmasking once I learned some telling behavior clues.
My Nox with multi-q works well, gets deep and pretty stable a lot of the time on deeper ones but not always, it unmasks really well, though, and that is the real reason I got it but that compressed target range drives me crazy and has got me digging more trash than I like but it finds stuff so I deal with it.
It has all those frequencies but I am thinking the 10kHz and higher carries most of the weight as the 4 and 5kHz don't work very well at all in my dirt by themselves.
With this one at 7.8kHz it was just an experiment...I have a theory that 6-8kHz might be the sweet spot for dealing with my dirt better than anything else.
With 5 hunts under my belt I think I was correct, it seems to be as deep as the F70 and Nox, possibly deeper which seems crazy but my dirt is very weird,, as stable as the F2 at all depths including great accurate ID's even on the deeper ones.
I also bought the F5 Nel Sharpshooter coil to go on it that could be helping a bunch, I have one for my F70 and in my dirt it works extremely well so I figure to with my strengths.
I haven't seen this kind of behavior since I hunted in almost perfect Kansas and Missouri black dirt.
Every setting combination and trick I learned on the F70 to be successful here works as well if not better on this one and the full, expanded target range is very familiar, something I got used to long ago and learned to use to my advantage.
It seems to be hitting on all cylinders, checks off every box I hoped for and more so I think I lucked out.
All this for $299 including 2 great concentric coils, plus $110 for the Nel which shocks me.
More hunts to come but I have high hopes, this thing could turn out to be the best detector I have ever used in my crazy mineralized, iron infested Alabama dirt.
Time will tell.

Last edited:
Hey, just curious...... what reading does the FE graph show in your area?

Always at least 2 bars, sometimes 3 and lots of times 2 jumping back and forth to 3 on my whole hunt.
Around here the dirt can change every 10 feet.
There are worse places.
I hunted a park once where the red dirt/clay wasn't buried a few inches below black dirt, it was all over the surface and made a mess of my clothes and gloves because that stuff stains.
My usual mid 60's F70 balanced in the mid to high 80's there and pegged out the dirt meter or came close so I know the F5 at that site would have pegged out to max 4 bars, too.

Same reading I get around here but I took the reading as coming from all the iron junk they scattered under the ball fields. F75 usually runs .3 in same area.