Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New F75 Anniversary Edition-DST

minnixb

Are the new F75's with DST really quiet compared to previous versions?
I'm using a Teknetics G2+ and it is very quiet and was curious if the F75 Anniversary edition was just as quiet?

Yes it is, Fisher solved the EMI issues with DST and IMO enhanced the overall performance as well.

Tom

You have no idea how much better behaved they are now as compared to before. There is nothing in the world like using a stable F75. Match the coil size to the site conditions and just have fun.

HH
Mike

Minnixb, My F75LTD with DST is quieter now than my F19 was. At the same site, using same coil sizes, I had to run the F19 with the sensitivity in the 80s for a stable unit. The F75 LST DST with freq offset runs with a 99 sensitivity and stable.

Stable means no EMI noise.

HH
Mike

I have heard that they are just as deep in discrimination mode as all metal to. Can anyone verify this, that is using one. Sounds hard to believe, but is what i was told.

JJames1610 said:
I have heard that they are just as deep in discrimination mode as all metal to. Can anyone verify this, that is using one. Sounds hard to believe, but is what i was told.

In my opinion,yes.i hit My 8 and 9 inch mercs in disc just as ez as all metal.No problem with depth in disc mode in Pennsylvania soil.

JJames1610 said:

It's because the all metal is Weaker than before,so now Disc. is as deep as All metal.

doc holiday232 said:
JJames1610 said:

It's because the all metal is Weaker than before,so now Disc. is as deep as All metal.

First I've of them pulling power out of the all metal mode,,who at First Texas said that?
Just speculation?

Mine is also very quiet, and I live in The Los Angeles Basin, which is EMI Capital of The world.

supertraq said:
doc holiday232 said:
JJames1610 said:

First I've of them pulling power out of the all metal mode,,who at First Texas said that?
Just speculation?

A number of the very knowledgeable commentators on several forums have all said that the all metal mode is now Weaker than before. I had mine upgraded to DST and the all metal is definitely weaker than before in air tests with coins.
I know,air tests don't mean anything,but if the Same machine air tests at one depth and an adjustment is made and the Same machine now air tests at a lesser distance then Something has changed.

Quite,,yes it is silent as can be..:fisher: