Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

NEW FOR DETECTIVAL 2018 !?!?!

They're gonna unveil the news that they are discontinuing production on the CoRe & Relic!!!:)

[size=x-large]Nokta / Makro[/size]
Detection Technologies

Will do an excellent job of sponsoring the 2018 Detectival and, as most would presume, make some product announcements.

[size=x-large]First Texas Products[/size]

Might offer up something new other than the two Fisher & Teknetics Pinpointers, and not just re-packaged existing products with new decals and names.

[size=x-large]Garrett Metal Detectors[/size]

Will have a sketch of something they are working on that won't have a top-heavy control housing.

That's about all the 'guessing' I can do. What I do know is the weather is starting to turn to fall temperatures, and I am 'guessing' there are some old silver coins lurking in an older section of a city park I haven't hunted yet just waiting for me to arrive with my 15 kHz and 19 kHz Nokta /Makro detector models tomorrow afternoon. That's the kind of Nokta dreaming I like to do. :)

Monte

Hi Monte,

Hope your doing well, and the shift to fall weather affords you additional detecting time. It's my favorite time of the year to detect.

Monte said:
Nokta / Makro
Detection Technologies

Will do an excellent job of sponsoring the 2018 Detectival and, as most would presume, make some product announcements.

This is the sponsor that I am most interested in seeing what their announce as they seem to have the most to offer at the moment :thumbup:

First Texas Products

Might offer up something new other than the two Fisher & Teknetics Pinpointers, and not just re-packaged existing products with new decals and names.

The Manta production line is being tooled up as we speak, and a pre-production unit is housed up and ready for testing, so I would think First Texas would be there trying to save grace a bit.

Garrett Metal Detectors

Will have a sketch of something they are working on that won't have a top-heavy control housing.

No clue on Garrett, did the ATP thing and while yes it was good at unmasking, the rest of it was meh IMO.

That's about all the 'guessing' I can do. What I do know is the weather is starting to turn to fall temperatures, and I am 'guessing' there are some old silver coins lurking in an older section of a city park I haven't hunted yet just waiting for me to arrive with my 15 kHz and 19 kHz Nokta /Makro detector models tomorrow afternoon. That's the kind of Nokta dreaming I like to do. :)

Monte

Cal_Cobra said:
Hi Monte,

Hope your doing well, and the shift to fall weather affords you additional detecting time. It's my favorite time of the year to detect.

Brian, I'm with you on that one as Fall has long been my favorite season for detecting. Sometimes late summer, like now since we're done with the 90° stuff and settling into a few lower 80's and mostly 70's to finish out September and then on thru Fall. I am hoping this year we'll have a mild winter and huntable temps will linger a bit longer. I need more get-away time as right now I am limited to a few local sites or twisting my oldest son's arm to pick me up and take us some place for a day of enjoyment.

For now I am restricted from driving while I have this neck brace on, and will be until the surgeon eases up on my restrictions and I can remove the brace. Won't have that appointment until Oct. 3rd so I definitely want a looong fall weather season this year. At least I have a few places here where I live that turned a little over one hundred silvers for a couple of friends of mine about 7-10 years ago. That was when I lived on the far side of the state, but there's a section of that old park that they never hunted. Matter-of-fact, I've never hunted there, either, and it should be a lower trash target area so I'll enjoy doing some evaluation work over there and using a bigger-size coil than I usually do. I hope to work it later tomorrow or on Tuesday and maybe I can up my silver coin count this year. Silver coins have been sluggish due to the injuries I've dealt with this spring and summer.

If weather is in my favor I might even make a couple of out-of-state excursions for some detecting while trying to line up sites for a couple of WTHO's in 2019.

I know it will be another fun year for those of us who enjoy Nokta / Makro Detector's because they work so well in the heavy ferrous trash sites I enjoy working. :thumbup:

Monte

Just give it up and get yourself an Explorer Brian. :rofl: